1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Every time I try to start my file it errors with this and freezes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Timmy's Account, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Timmy's Account

Timmy's Account Space Hobo

I did try to modify the Farm name and Favorite thing to do just in case that helps in any way
    [game] System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 40). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: <Farmer xmlns=''> was not expected.
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read133_SaveGame()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c__DisplayClass56_0.<getLoadEnumerator>b__0() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1104
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    [SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 40). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: <Farmer xmlns=''> was not expected.
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read133_SaveGame()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__56.MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1117
    at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )

For the current time being I do have a backup on another computer that I can use just in case, but I really want to fix some of the file names because, I didn't think I would have 56 hours and get serious about this save and so now I just want to fix it to not look silly.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2019
    • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Moved to Stardew Valley support. Please note that the social category is not for games developed or published by Chucklefish.

• Timmy's Account

Timmy's Account Space Hobo

Whops sorry about that i'm new to this whole forum thing.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

It seems you made a mistake while editing the file, possibly removing a < or > character. You can try to fix that line, or restore the previous save.