Exosuits

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by 630tiger, Aug 4, 2013.

?

Would you like to see exosuits in the game?

1. Yes, this sounds great!

248 vote(s)
    87.3%
  2. Yes, but not quite how you put it.

32 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. No, this doesn't have a place in Starbound.

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. guymandude

guymandude Space Hobo

Like the exosuits and mechs already in Space Station 13. /tg/station more specifically.

2. Speedycake582

Speedycake582 Void-Bound Voyager

what about the dawn of war mech things and terminator suits along with the starship troopers marauder suits?

3. Invisifat

Invisifat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd use it as my 'outside clothes' when moving from place to place groundside.

4. FatReuniclus

FatReuniclus Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think the capability of being destroyed makes these guys fair. Like you love it, but don't want it to die (Just like pets... Sorta... Like, when they die and get lost...).

5. Kuja

Kuja Void-Bound Voyager

Cool stuff indeed. I've just watched an anime about robots, and i think, its quite cool to have some kind of mech support on your side. Yes, make it expensive, make it end-game content or time-consuming in-game development, but make it an option, not an obligation.

Current mech is... mm... Well, the current use + place of mech (as summonable, via skill) works only as a "proof of concept". I think, that mech should be an option on high-level ships, with special hangar to store and maintain mech (make updates, customize, etc), to fulfill different roles, and, maybe, some hardcore planets, where is no other way to get around, except the mech. Indeed, this is a cool theme for a game content of such game, because it nicely fits in (if implemented correctly). Or, at least, for a mod - 9000%.

Imagine how cool it will be to use the mech as drop-suit to strike on enemy planet in multiplayer, alongside your mates, to conquer and battle. A bit of devastating mechanics, to make mechs fearsome weapon in arsenal of every multiplayer faction. Cool epic battles on alien or man(player)-built landscapes.

And a small pic to get you inspired. :З[​IMG]

6. Threule

Threule Big Damn Hero

So basically a Gundam or a Mazinger Z? I like it

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Not quite Gundam or Mazinger are huge. This is more akin to power armour, a fully enclosed, powered armour suit. More akin to the smaller suits used by the tau in WH40k, or Samus's suit in Metroid

Large enough to be a vehicle in it's own right, a self-supporting unit, and not something you could just pack into a crate. But not so big that it can't do all the things a normal humanoid could.

8. Threule

Threule Big Damn Hero

Large as a Dreadghnout or as a Nemesis Dreadknight?

9. DrunkyMcPanda

DrunkyMcPanda Subatomic Cosmonaut

10. Kuja

Kuja Void-Bound Voyager

Oh hei, I've been messing aroung with some photos of miniatures, and started to make sprites of robots for Starbound[​IMG]
    Note: this is photoshoped
    This is a Khador warjack from WarMachine miniatures wargame. Sprite isnt styled to Starbound graphics yet, but I already splited image into parts, to make animations and sprites.
    I've started from miniature photo
    [​IMG]
    And then photoshopped a little bit, and cut into parts

[​IMG]

The warjack is not actually exosuit, its more like a robot, which is a controlled by warcaster from aside, but it at least gives the feel, how it would look like, to have a huge robot ingame.

Just wanter to share this with you, guys. :)

Pseudoboss likes this.
  11. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

I'm not sure if that's an exosuit, looks more like a mech to me, but I sure as hell would love to be riding around in one of those things.

12. Kistaria Prime

Kistaria Prime Cosmic Narwhal

Yesss... and then I can roll in with the Parfelian Nation and overthrow all the people. Craft them into tiny cheeseburgers for the wobbly-headed kitten army. We shall Rise from the Shadows, in our overpowered mechanized mobile suits!

13. angrytigerp

angrytigerp Void-Bound Voyager

I like the idea of it just being a step between armor, proper, and actual mechs. Particularly important to the balance, IMO, is the fact that you have to commit to whatever the suit is built for -- if it's got gun-arms, you aren't gonna be mining; if it's a drill-armed suit, you better hope you don't run into any enemies while you're digging out ore.

Also it would be key to the implementation that it be destructable -- unless they change Mechs' implementation, you can just call another of those down whenever, cooldown timer and energy permitting. An exo-suit would be more of an investment, figure you can take it to a dedicated modification station/hangar in your base and change up its parts, but once it's gone, it's gone. Makes its versatility vs. a Mech that much more of a commitment.

14. MasterofKittens

MasterofKittens Subatomic Cosmonaut

I want! Someone make a mod! Now!

15. LogicSauce

LogicSauce Tentacle Wrangler

I was thinking that the exo-suit would be more like a power suit (similar to the suits in Dead Space). All thes suits can give you an increased oxygen supply (but not infinite) and give you a certain boost in stats like in armour, energy, weapon damage, melee damage, jumping and maybe even a small booster while in zero-gravity zones. The suits are listed as gear but have to be worn as a set and cannot be combined in order for them to work effectively.

16. Speedycake582

Speedycake582 Void-Bound Voyager

one thing i wanna see hehe is tengen toppa guren lagann's drill robot or something similar
    drawbacks include lack of offensive equipment and no protection of the pilot (you would have to use it like a vehicle that can create tunnels any direction though while driving it you would have an oxygen supply if you were on a moon/asteroid belt etc and a warmth generator etc)

but the benefits would be orbital drop maybe? and drill landing lol a jump attack that sees you slam into the ground and drill down a few blocks maybe? and a drill popping out the arm whenever you want to drill something and having maybe a 4-2 drill range that gets better as you upgrade it for example 4 blocks high 2 blocks long with options to increase it to 4-4 or 4-5 creating tunnels easier as you upgrade along with drill bit upgrades that increase its block damage making it work faster or better a final upgrade maybe or intermediary one would allow enemies to take some damage but no more than weaker weapons would do to them ie tier 1 damage against tier 2-3 enemies to make it a risk and not an easy thing to spam all the time it would also need fuel in the way of wood=1 fuel unit coal=2 units uranium=10 units and a consumtion rate of 5 units per minute of use weather that be walking or drilling

images for visual example
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

GANDAM SUIT FIGHTERS GO!

18. Shambanation

Shambanation Poptop Tamer

It'd be cool if at the start of a game there was a small room on your ship, to the left of the teleport room say, that kept your personal but dormant ExoSuit (Differing in appearance and ability depending on your race) and throughout the game you collect parts to bring it back to an operational condition and then upgrade it's ability as you progress sector-to-sector with better materials.

Again, have the ExoSuit a little too large for entering most doorways and you have a balanced weapon/vehicle/tool for use in most area's of the game.

Just a thought! :D

19. mcraftpro123

mcraftpro123 Void-Bound Voyager

exo suits should belong in starbound because the game is like high-tech and theres no exo suits yet so vote they should be in the game

20. LejeuneCourt

LejeuneCourt Void-Bound Voyager

Possibly also having race-specific exos as well and maybe having their abilities customizable with a system like techs