1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

EXP/Money lag

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fuhreak, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Fuhreak

Fuhreak Poptop Tamer

Currently whenever you kill an enemy it drops a couple EXP orbs and coins.
    And as you play they end up dropping more and more until the point where the game can't really take it anymore.

I suggest that on the low graphical setting enemies only drop one coin and one EXP orb (But still give the same amount)

E.G. When you kill an enemy now, it drops 3 coins all worth 1 money, and 3 EXP orbs worth 1 EXP,
    Instead it would drop 1 coin worth 3 money and 1 EXP orb worth 3 EXP.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

There is already something like this implemented:
      • You have experience orbs that differ from colour; being white all around, white core and light-blue rim all the way to being large and purple-rimmed.
      • Coins have several appearances; there's small coins, larger coins, white coins, huge coins and moneybags.
      But I agree - maybe some coins and experience orbs should collect with each other to form larger experience orbs and coins, much like the Fable series did - maybe these 'collections' must be applied before the items actually drop, so to avoid lag even further.

I like the idea of this being affected by graphics settings; this way, players with beasty machines can still gain the satisfaction of seeing hundreds upon hundreds of coins spilling out of enemies.

Rawrquaza likes this.