Modding Help Extracting files help.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Momo-ish, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Momo-ish

Momo-ish Tentacle Wrangler

I have been trying to change up the hairstyles in the game but for the life of me I can't extract the xnb file. I have downloaded xnb node, and followed the directions carefully, but when I go to extract the files it says unexpected identifier. I just want the png files from the hairstyles.xnb.
    I have tryped in "xmb_node.cmd extract Content\Characters\Farmer\hairstyles.xnb hairstyles.png" and even taken out the beginning part and the png part with no results. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? lol

• Oyakodown

Oyakodown Subatomic Cosmonaut

You should have just type"xnb_node extract [folder with the xnb file in it] [output folder]" so the xnb node will extract both the png and the yaml file, which you will need in order to repack it back to xnb by typing "xnb_node pack [folder with the extracted files in it] [destined folder]"

Keep in mind that the file that you edited must have the same name with the original if you want to repack it.

• Momo-ish

Hmm...It's still not working. I am putting in "xnb_node extract \Characters\Farmer\hairstyles.xnb hairstyles" and I have tried "xnb_node extract \Characters\Farmer\hairstyles.xnb Tess\Documents\hairstyles" for my destinaton folder but it is still showing the same error message. @_@

• Oyakodown

Maybe you should put the folders in same path as the xnb node because mine works that way

• Jeremiah Gottwald

Jeremiah Gottwald Void-Bound Voyager

try doing this make a new folder name it xnb than paste xnb_node and app folder in it and now make 2 new folders content and extcontent.
            now paste what ever file u want to exact into content folder then open command window type xnb_node.cmd extract Content ExtContent.
            This will exact that file into Extcontent folder. than u can edit that file after ur done editing open command window again and type xnb_node.cmd pack ExtContent Content , this will pack it and put it back into content folder from there u can copy that file and paste it back that file back where u first got the file from .

[Sorry for my bad english] xD

Edit: also make sure to backup the file ur editing always.

• Momo-ish

I did everything you said (folders and all) and I still get the same error message. ;~;
              I am typing in: xnb_node.cmd extract Documents\xnbnode\content\hairstyles.xnb extcontent
              Oh goodess this is more fustrating then I thought. lol

• Jeremiah Gottwald

Jeremiah Gottwald Void-Bound Voyager

xD u just need to copy paste hairstyles.xnb into content folder and just type xnb_node.cmd extract Content ExtContent nothing else.

• Oyakodown

Here's how I do and it works well. I typed "cd [the path to your Stardew Valley installation]" before running those commands. xnb_node.png

• Momo-ish

Tried that too and no luck. :(

• Momo-ish

Waaaa nvm I got it! LOL
                      Omg thanks everyone!