1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Failed to rank up as a bounty hunter

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Barefootghost21, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Barefootghost21

Barefootghost21 Void-Bound Voyager

I have full ex for ranking up to level 3. I get a message with my last quest that I ranked up but the board doesn't show that. No new peacekeeper station assigned. Old Bounty board just has my last mission pulled up again.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please redo the mission and if it still doesn't update attach your starbound.log so we can take a look if there is anything interfering with the quest.

3. Barefootghost21

I have redone the mission at least 3 times with the same result. :/

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Hm that's very weird. According to the log it says you failed the bounty after you completed it.

I never encountered that issue in a vanilla playthrough tho but i also doubt that it's an issue with your mods here. Do you receive any message when you capture the target?

5. Barefootghost21

I only failed the mission once intentionally out of curiosity. I haven't failed it the last couple of times. I get a message that I ranked up and I am being reassigned to another station but the station finder is still locked onto the old station.

6. Iris Blanche

The latest 3 logs state that the bounty has failed when leaving the dungeon which is basically resulting in the behavior you're encountering. Unfortunately the log doesn't show any errors regarding this.

@Katzeus might be worth to take a look into that. A completed bounty fails after leaving the dungeon. I highly doubt it's mod related.

7. Barefootghost21

so interestingly. I did the mission again. This time when I checked the board I was rank III and had some exp so I guess it counted the last couple attempts at this mission toward my current rank. I also finally have a new peace keeper station. I will let you know if I have anymore problems.

Attached Files:

Iris Blanche likes this.