Modding Help Failed to resolve assembly: 'StardewValley...

Discussion in 'Mods' started by bcmpinc, May 15, 2018.

1. bcmpinc

bcmpinc Void-Bound Voyager

I've been developing some mods on Linux. They use harmony to make small changes to the game's CIL code. They run fine on Linux, but on Windows I ran into some problems. As I don't have Windows myself I've been using wine for testing. Of course I use the ModBuildConfig package for building my mods.

When running SMAPI reports the following error (see full log here):
    Error: Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'StardewValley, Version=1.3.6698.32319, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

I believe the problem is caused by the StardewValley references in one of my methods (see method signature below). I believe that SMAPI should rewrite the assembly reference, but somehow that fails. The call to this method is injected into the StardewValley.Object performToolAction(...) method using harmony. Does anyone know what is going wrong and how I can fix this?

public static bool ScytheForage(StardewValley.Object o, StardewValley.Tool t, StardewValley.GameLocation loc);

Edit:
    This seems to be caused by a bug in SMAPI 2.6-beta.13, where using Netcode.NetInt in a mod compiled on Linux causes it to fail to load on Windows.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2018