1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Fame Through Youtube - Yes Or No

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Red Space Monkey, Feb 24, 2012.

?

Do you think that Starbound should be advertised through Youtube celebrities?

1. Of course.

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. I'm not sure.

16 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. I don't think so.

17 vote(s)
    25.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

I would say that none of the Youtube celebrities should do videos of Starbound. In my opinion the best option would be that the dev's do videos, like with Terraria.
    Also this is my first post, so: Hi everyone!

2. Tomi Mr.Bone

Tomi Mr.Bone Star Wrangler

I dont really know...
    But if I would say yes,I would say Ian from Verbal Processing should make videos,maybe he isn't so famous but I love his videos!

3. vitorsly

vitorsly Phantasmal Quasar

Colored test is so OLD!
    On topic: I think Total Biscuit should do a WTF is... of it. And TOBUCUS should do a Lets Play of it!

4. Ecchiholic

I could definetly see TB doing a WTF is... of it, he does good first impressions and can reach many people.

5. Herzreh

Herzreh Void-Bound Voyager

I'm trying to get the rest of Hold Reset Gaming to be on board with doing videos.

6. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

Why not? Like it or not, the game will probably be picked up during a "WT# is..." segment or played during a Mail run ♥

7. Ruari

Ruari Aquatic Astronaut

I'm not sure I would like to see people "experiencing" for their first tiem before release, as that kind of ruins the game a tad for me. A let's play by the Developers like what was done for Terraria I wouldn't mind, as they'd have seen everything before and it wouldn't spoil the surprise of the game as much as a normal let's play. I know that statement may not make sense as you probably think "Well, surely you will find out more if the devs play?", which is true, but when I actually play it I am just a normal player and not a dev. Only YouTube advertising should be done by the Devs IMO.

8. Maunokki

Maunokki Phantasmal Quasar

Yes and no.

It would bring lots of whiners and complainers and fill the forums with bitching about their features not being added. But it would bring more fame to the game (That rhymes pretty nicely), which in turn would give the developers more money when the game comes out and allow them to further develop it.

9. Andinicus

Andinicus Big Damn Hero

I would like the developers themselves advertise and showcase the game.(remember Blue and Reddigit had their own "Lets Play" also :p)
    Edit: That way they can show us upcoming features and answer a few questions and will only show the positive aspects of the game.

10. Ecchiholic

Yeah the lets play of Blue and Redigit was really awesome and you don't see devs play their own game very often. (atleast public.)

11. SagginPT

SagginPT Space Penguin Leader

I honestly dont want little 11 year old minecraft players playing this game...

Ecchiholic likes this.
  12. Ecchiholic

Thats a good point, to be honest. Look what 11 year olds did to Minecraft.

13. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

I don't think so. I mean it may be good depending on who does the spotlight but at the same time... eh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.