Bug/Issue Familiar Duplication Bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nojh, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Nojh

Nojh Space Hobo

Playing on the PS4, we were able to "duplicate" the familiar, creating one player controlled familiar and one game controlled familiar.

Steps to reproduce:
    This happened during a room transition. I was in the castle in the present where engineers are dropping things ontop a spiked pit. I was going back and forth between that room and another room to pick up sand. While I was doing so, my second player was rapidly changing between familiars because they were board. After one of the transitions, two familiars were on screen.

Details:
    Meyef was the automated familiar and couldn't be turned off or changed. It acted as per a normal familiar.
    Turning off a familiar via the familiar menu turned off the player controlled familiar.
    Using the options button to set the player controlled familiar back to game controlled, just left me with two familiars.
    We only produced it once and didn't try again.

Workaround:
    The game controlled familiar remained until we entered a door room (when the familiar control usually resets, much to my second player's annoyance).

• LunarRayGames

LunarRayGames Developer

Awesome, lol

• Nojh

Nojh Space Hobo

It was admittedly kinda useful having two familiars. Totally the kind of hack a speed runner might end up using I bet.

It was an unusual bit of game play (running in and out of the screen quickly so the lamp would respawn so I could get sand) while my player 2 smashed the familiar switch button in boredom so probably not a high priority but I figured you might want to know.