1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Fantasy Forms version the first

Ever wanted to try on a new body?

1. @lias

@lias Void-Bound Voyager

@Lias submitted a new mod:

Fantasy Forms - Ever wanted to try on a new body?

Read more about this mod...

xaliber likes this.
  2. @lias

@lias Void-Bound Voyager

The next monster is going to be either a Minotaur, a Mermaid, or a Moogle. I'm leaning toward Minotaur, but if given a tap in the other direction I'd probably change course.

3. SiliconSlyWolf

SiliconSlyWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm looking forward to this mod's development!

4. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

May I ask how you manage to mask the original sprite below this costume?

I figured, I'd rather ask than to just dismantle it myself.
    This could be possibly usefull for NPCs of races I have not yet fully implemented for my mod, as well as general Vanity armors and/or Crossracial shenanigans.

...and possible TANK ARMOR sets.

Also just to suggest a Creature to the pool of Fantasy Creatures: A Werewolf or a Jersey Devil

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  5. @lias

@lias Void-Bound Voyager

Glad to hear it! Here's hoping it doesn't disappoint.

Hidden in the Frogg and Frogg Merchant sets, there's a snippet of code that's apparently unique to them, as far as I can tell. It entirely hides the body, presumably because whoever was working on the Froggs at the time couldn't figure out a passable way to stretch it over the base like they did Alpaca set. The code in question? "hideBody" : true. That's seriously it. They snuck it in at some point and the only reason I know about it is somebody mentioned it in passing in some random thread, at which point my eyes turned into dollar signs and coins started pouring out of my mouth. The only downside is it masks your entire body, but for all I know maybe they saw fit to include other things like hideHead or hideArms, I haven't tested. Seems like too useful of a thing to not have told anybody about, but IDK.

Werewolf was already on the docket, but a Jersey Devil is a good suggestion! Cryptids are something I hadn't considered, but I like the sound of.

First WIP pass at the Minotaur. I had to shrink it a bit because i overestimated how much room I had to work with regarding the base, so it's a little smaller than I'd hoped. A Minitaur, if you will. Even unfinished, I can already tell it's going to be a tremendous PITA to animate.
    minitaur.png
    You would not believe how much trouble I had with the head. It's appropriately bovine now, but it took 3 fresh starts to get there.

xaliber likes this.
  6. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually, I love animating stuff like this~

Also I picked those 2 for their Humanoid stance, and for the sake of NOT being the guy shouting DRAGON! for once.

This piece of Info will greatly benefit my Future work, as I can also work on stuff like Wheelchairs and Prothestic based outfits for a few friends~

...As Well as Dragons of course~

As for Mini Minotaurs

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  7. @lias

@lias Void-Bound Voyager

Well, I did say updates would be infrequent. Hello I'm back, etc. etc. Typically I'm working on a bunch of projects at once and I tend to bounce from one to another when I hit dead ends, so this was bound to happen sooner or later. It's actually good, because it means I can come back to something with fresh eyes and the perspectives I've picked up working on my other projects and make them even better. So now I've looped around to this again and everything is gravy, yes?

ANYway, here's this guy. I've more or less finalized the design and animation is well underway. He's a lot beefier than last time, especially in the arms!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Nice and muscly, just like a Minotaur should be.

This guy, once completed, will be part of a big update to the mod. Well, big comparatively, I guess.
    In addition to the Minotaur, you can also expect a special weapon for each Fantasy Form. Minotaur gets a big ol' axe with custom properties, Harpy gets a crossbow that shoots a spread of feathers, that sort of thing.

The forms will also be getting special status effects to make them more than costumes, such as increased strength and speed for the Minotaur and decreased fallspeed and better aerial mobility for the Harpy. I can't really promise anything as I don't know how far I can push it through status effects, but I'd like to include special hit/hurt/effort sounds for them too, among other things. Again, no promises.

The crafting recipes will also change, but just so they fit more thematically than costing a pixel. They're not gonna cost 60 infinisteel bars or something, I wouldn't do that to you. Also included will be a full set of colors for each form, cause I kinda dropped the ball on that only having the one.

So that's what you can expect from the big #buffstuff update! Thanks for your, uh, patience.

See you soon!

8. @lias

@lias Void-Bound Voyager

Polish~
    [​IMG][​IMG][REDACTED]
    The arms longer than your entire body struggle is all too real.
    Animation for this big mean slab of literal beef is almost entirely done, just a few still frames and swimming left. Just thought you might like an update. You know, all 4 of you who might still actually be following this.

There's a couple things I need input for on the side, though!
    The first is about weapons. I think we can all agree that every Minotaur needs a big honkin' axe, but what of the noble Harpy? I was going to give them some sort of feather-shooting spread crossbow, but if you wanted to get silly it could be an oversized slingshot that launches eggs or something. Basically if you can think of something that would fit better or be more fun to use, I'd like to hear it. Audience participation, y'know? Also if any of y'all are pros with weaponabilities and the like, pipe up or send me a PM. I'll probably need to pick your brain a whole bunch, cause I'm no good with any code beyond the super basic.

The second is about status effects, and how far you can push them. Namely, can you alter a player's collision poly through them, and if so, how? If possible, it would add a lot more depth to how the forms would change gameplay besides basic buffs. A big guy like the Minotaur here would have a bigger collision poly, and vice versa for smaller forms. It would be cool, and immersive! And I'm all about that.

But yeah, that's about it. Chime in if you've answers, and stay beefy.

e: Pulling that last animation, actually. Looks like I screwed up the bob order on the run animation. Full extension frame is the "up" bob, not the "down" bob, opposite of the walk animation's order. Thought the leg motion looked kinda off, and it was. Huh.

You'd think I'd learn my lesson after having to fix the exact same problem while working on the Harpy, but I guess not.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  9. @lias

@lias Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Minotaur (fixed animations)

Going with the original weapon plans in the absence of suggestions of any sort.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Minotaur Axe & Harpy WIngshot (shoots eggs)

something something who cares

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  10. @lias

@lias Void-Bound Voyager

I think I've hit on something. Something big, and something that could benefit mods and modders in a big way if I'm on the right track.

Putting this on hold while I work it out.

e: I've hit the jackpot. Get excited.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  11. johnp1238

johnp1238 Void-Bound Voyager

Nice mod. It has been said hats aren't recommended due to clipping issues. I've found hats that do work with harpies. Two i can name off the top of my head are the Hatching's Circlet and the Winter Scarf.

12. Saint Apollyon

Saint Apollyon Phantasmal Quasar

Is this mod still in progress? I absolutely love your work.