1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Farm animals and crew stop working right on multiplayer

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Midnightst0rm, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Midnightst0rm

Midnightst0rm Big Damn Hero

So on my ship, I have all of the fluffalo types in a room so I can gather materials from them between adventures. On my character file, in single player mode, they work just fine. They produce consistently, ready to harvest nearly every time I return from a planet. I also have a mothtrap to gather silk for me.
    My crew also tells me they've upgraded the ship's fuel capacity and efficiency as frequently as they should be.

I'm more concerned about the animals and silk, since the crew still otherwise functions and my ship's about as upgraded as it can be anyways, but it's definitely worth noting as it seems to be a similar issue.
    I can still bring crew members with me on planets, the engineers and mechanics just never upgrade anything in my absence when I'm on multiplayer.

When I'm doing multiplayer, I'm joining my friend through steam on his game where it's just him with his character. For a while, the animals still worked when I joined him. Nothing seemed to be breaking for the most part. Sometimes objects I scanned didn't quite sync between the two sessions, but all my items I had remained and everything was fine.

I can't seem to figure out exactly at what point they stopped working. I believe I had made the farm before beating the game fully, if that makes a difference. Then sometime after defeating the final boss and getting to the vaults, my crew and animals seemed to break. I can't say for sure when this was precisely, but I noticed they weren't dropping anything, upgrading anything, and the mothtrap wasn't doing anything anymore either.
    I even stayed on the ship for a long while to see the crew upgrade the ship or the animals become ready for harvest, but nothing ever happened.

When I go to my single player game for the same character, everything still works.
    Curious, I even tried hatching a new animal (a regular hen) to see if it would work on his game. For a short while, it did. Then it too stopped producing. It seems buying new animals wouldn't help me for very long.

Another note: I got him to join my game to see if his animals did the same thing. They have since stopped producing on both mine and his games.

This is rather frustrating as they are a wonderful way to get materials for vault keys without actively trying to 24/7, leaving us free to build and explore as we wish with breaks in between to gather essence.

I am running Starbound on Windows 10, using a Cyberpower PC. My friend is as well.
    I'd really like to find a fix so that we can make a farm together like we planned for our colony, or it will otherwise be worthless. I can't seem to find many others with the same problem, so I'm at a loss of what to do.
    If there's any more detailed info I could provide that would help, I can do my best.

2. nephco

nephco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have the same problem, but inverse. My animals only work when I am on multiplayer, no animals produce when I am on single player. It is something that happened a lot back in the alpha days and it is super frustrating. I thought it was because I have too many pets on my ship, but it only seems to happen when I have joined multiplayer or players join me. Please help, I need milk and eggs for my recipes!

Windows 10 Home 2017, Steam
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    64-bit Operating System, z64-based processor

3. nephco

nephco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also have this problem: see screen capture .
    20170524010647_1.jpg

I tried to move the mooshi up a floor in my ship, but it is now stuck in the floor and I can't relocate it or interact with it. It doesn't produce any milk and my crew doesn't upgrade my ship either.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  4. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Use the Relocator
    http://starbounder.org/Relocator

5. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

Waffle-Chan likes this.