REQUEST Farmer - Clothes - Makeover ^.^

Discussion in 'Mods' started by viovasvi, Mar 14, 2016.

?

Capes a possibility?

1. I'd like to seem them sooner or later

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. no capes!

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. viovasvi

viovasvi Subatomic Cosmonaut

i'd love to see long coats, shorts, different "space boots" skins (since they're my only sensible/usable boots)

possibly gloves?

Anywho, there's a ton more content you guys are putting out as is.

Keep up the good work guys :)

raenevigil likes this.
    • raenevigil

raenevigil Phantasmal Quasar

For me there's a few shirts I like but they're the wrong colour and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to edit them myself, despite tutorials >.< I look forward to seeing what the community does with clothes in the future :D

• viovasvi

viovasvi Subatomic Cosmonaut

i'm most likely going to give it a go for myself, i'd love some tips if you have any i have no experience with editting xnb or game image files at all

• KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

Adding long coats will be quite difficult I think, have you looked at the farmer spritesheets? The shirts are in a seperate file, and are made to only go to the pants, making anything longer then the regular shirts would mean spriting them on the farmer spritesheet and that would make it so that you would be really limited because you can't convert back to a normal shirt without editing the file again. It would also be quite work intensive I think cause the farmer has a lot of different animations.

Gloves are kinda the same story, all the arms are seperately sprited on the farmer spritesheet so you would have to sprite gloves on all the arms and then again you wouldn't be able to freely swap between gloves without altering your game files.

Shirt recolors are quite easy, I added some belts here and there for my character. For unpacking xnb files (so you can edit the .png's) and repacking them, consult http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/109131/

I hope this was all clear enough to get you started ^^

viovasvi likes this.