RELEASED FarmHouseExtended (Updated 25/4) (Exploding Machines Fixed)(Interior Only)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Mar 25, 2016.

1. dintern

dintern Astral Cartographer

I installed your mod (Micro, 1.1) when my house was the first upgrade. Then, when I upgraded my house to the 2nd upgrade a lot of my items in the cellar and attic were misplaced. There are a few chests, statues and machines that I can't reach. They're stuck in the black area of the farmhouse map and I can't use a save editor (I'm using Chicklet) to edit the basement or the attic. ): Any way to get these items back?

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Download a bigger basement, collect items, reinstall smaller basement? I think that may be a solution until the save editors are dynamic enough to read modded maps.

• QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

Wow ok i will have to look at that they should not be doing that. Reason being is i have always placed items in the basement and attic and bathroom of every version before i upgrade to see if they are in the same spot after ungrade and if they are not i move the position of the Attic Basement or Bathroom to align with the right spot. They should all be fine but you never know when i might slip up on something.. Due to that fact the mod is not SMAPI Compatible i can not have code to dictate that stuff gets moved to a safe are on every house update. I have had to resort to clever map editing and placement.

• QuantumConcious

You would have had a backup save in your save folder from the previous day it will have _old at the end. Simple add something to the end of the one without _old something like _new and then remove the _old from the other. This will; revert your save back to the day before. If that is before the Upgrade, simple move the stuff and then re upgrade the house till i have looked into this and fixed the issue if it persisits for me.

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

I just saw, that I can't seem to use my furnace in the cellar in the normal house (without upgrades). Everytime I try to use it, the ore and coal is used, the flame goes on and then the furnace just gets destroyed without me getting anything back... Only with the Automation mod, I can smelt anything. But I can't say for sure, that it's because of your mod... But because It happens in the basement, I thought I tell you that.

• QuantumConcious

Yep Known issue as per OP and As per readme under Known issues
              Thanks for informing me though, No way known to fix it, it happens to a very small amount of people.

• Oboromusha

Oboromusha Pangalactic Porcupine

I get the impression that this happens to a percentage of people, but not on all versions, when it does, it seems to happen mainly on the standard FE. Smaller Basement never produced this occurrence for me ever again, and I have upgraded the house on two different playthroughs with this installed from the outset - and - midway through progress of house upgrades (tier 2).

When guys report this, it would be important to narrow down environment description to the exact version of the mod being used. If you can safely exclude some of these versions, it's definitely going to help, because at least original build you created and smaller are using completely different map "coordinates" in the game world. I believe there is a correlation, if only marginally.

QuantumConcious likes this.
                • QuantumConcious

Yeah i have noticed it is only really encountered on the FarmHouse Extended Large Basement Version. The only difference between it and the others is the Size of the Map in the x it is 220 so i might reduce it as much as possible and reupload it and see if people still get the issues. It will mean all things placed in basement and attic will have to be removed.

It might be a case that the Engine as outlined by others is not meant for maps larger then 200x200 and seeing i have 1 dimension larger then 200 if i lower it to 120x120 or 100x100 but still avoiding basement attic bath and farmhouse from being seen from the other. I will see what happens

• QuantumConcious

OK i believe i have fixed the Exploding machine bug with FarmHouseExtended1.6
                    I will make the changes i did to all the variations of FarmHouseExtended1.6

I had a save, my origional save from when i first played the game before any mod was added and it got the machine explosion bug.

What i done was move the Bathroom Attic and Basement into a map area of 100x100 and i noticed my machines were not blowing up in the Attic or bathroom or the forge room of basement, but in the boiler room and other rooms of the basement they were blowing up.

So what i done next was move the bathroom to the top of the map between the House and Attic and put the Basement where the bathroom was as far left as i can make it.
                    About the same spot as the Micro and Sml Basement version is.

I then loaded my game with the save that has the bug. I went to all areas of attic and Bathroom and basement, i placed many many Furnaces and kilns. And not 1 blew up, not one

So it must have been that the basement was not in an agreeable spot to the game engine.

So once i have a finished Version for someone to test who is willing to test it for me.
                    It will be the FarmHouseExtended1.6 Large Basement Bathroom B for now, Just remember the positions of bathroom Basement and attic are very much in different spots so empty them before you try it please.

I will let you know when it is done by PM for those who comment they will TEST it.. It has to be people and saves that have/had or experience the Explosion Bug.

Please help rid the explosions they server noone .. :)

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

I have a question. With the extended farmhouse, is it possible to increase the size of the fridge at all? I have a feeling that would be in the farmhouse file since I can't seem to find a separate file for it.

• Oboromusha

Oboromusha Pangalactic Porcupine

that will be possible when someone figures out how storage slots in UI can be expanded. So far, no one has. It's not like editing an .xnb sprite, so I wager this will be harder. but people are making strides in UI manipulation, so maybe one day...

Superior_s likes this.
                        • dintern

Here's a pic showing where items are stuck, if that's helpful. http://imgur.com/TfsAZDs

Unfortunately I can't revert because I upgraded a few days prior. Also, I tried changing to FarmhouseExtended 1.6 hoping that I could reach those items with the larger basement but when I loaded up my game my basement was completely empty instead.

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

I would be willing to test it, once it is ready.

Superior_s likes this.
                            • taintedwheat

eek. when you use your save editor it doesn't make an auto save from before?
                              you might have to open your save in notepad ++ and manually put in the coordinates of where you want the items in your microhouse to be placed. maybe when qc gets back on he'll be able to find the exact coordinates of your items in tide and give you coordinate numbers to use to change the file.

You should probably just upload your save file right now just for efficiency's sake.

• mylilneko

mylilneko Big Damn Hero

When looking into my Stardew Valley content folder I don't seem to have anything to replace in that folder. Supposedly I'm just putting in FarmHouseExtended_tiles.xnb without it having a copy already and so far it seems to be conflicting between my files which one save has the upgraded house + marriage, while the second save has yet to receive the first upgrade. When I entered the save without the upgrades I was in a black void outside the tile screen and couldn't access inventory at all. Is there something I'm missing here? Or is it just my saves are just too widespread from each other content wise.

• taintedwheat

firstly, farmhouseextend_tiles.xnb should not conflict with your otherfiles, it only works with the map mod its supposed to go with --otherwise it is unused. this file is what allows for there to even be a bathroom. Do you have all the upgrades for the house added to your mapcontent? the OP recommends you replace all those files and not just the upgrade for the next house.

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

Also the farmhouseextended_tiles.xnb file should be directly in your content folder. It will not replace anything, but is needed there to have the farmhouse files to reference it when playing.

• QuantumConcious

The FarmHouseExtended_tiles.xnb is a custom xnb an dit will ot need to overwrite anything unless you have changed from a previous version eg. Small Basement to Large or Micro.

FarmHouseExtended_tiles.xnb Will not conflict with nothing it is a standalone xnb responsible for the textures for my Custom bathrooms and decor only. You must copy all files regardless if you need them or not (Just good Modding Practice), I have tried in the past to make as little alteration to the overall positions of the Basement Attic and Bathrooms that would conflct with the positions or placement people had/have furniture/chests ect.

Why you appeard in the Black I am unsure as the position of all rooms has not changed for each version as of yet. So the Large Basement and sml basement Micro And cave version have always had the same positions respective to their Versions. However going from on Variation to the other can and will cause things to be inside void areas. I do state (Although not always Needed or beneficial) NEW SAVE IS RECOMMENDED

IF i was to be supplied with a save i could move your items back into an accessable position for you

• dintern

Hi, do you think you could move my basement and attic items for me? Here's my save game files.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwTlURTOVsHrcEdJZ0p2TjQyaUE&usp=sharing

• QuantumConcious

Here is the fixed version i went forward 1 day but reverted the day back to the 10th all chests are placed inside close to where they were

FIXED SAVE DOWNLOAD

Just enzip and place the folder Amaya_118266832 into your saves directory or just place the Amaya_118266832 + SaveGameInfo into your current Amaya_118266832 Folder. Back a backup of previous save first. But it is fixed

taintedwheat likes this.