RELEASED FarmHouseExtended (Updated 25/4) (Exploding Machines Fixed)(Interior Only)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Mar 25, 2016.

1. dintern

dintern Astral Cartographer

Dude. I can't even. Thank you so much. You're awesome.

• QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

Ok ready for TESTERS

FarmHouseExtendedVer1.7 TEST EXPLODING BUG

What you get
      (This is ony for Bathroom B version for test)

Place in Maps
      FarmHouse
      FarmHouse1
      FarmHouse1_marriage
      FarmHouse2
      FarmHouse2_marriage
      This version does contain new tile sheets
      (As usual they go into Content)

- FarmHouseExtended_ExtraDecor_tiles.xnb
      - FarmHouseExtended_wall_floors.xnb

Testers must be people with saves that experience the Exploding Machines bug
      The bathroom does not matter nor does the Attic
      If you want to test all areas by all means do so
      - What i ask you test is to see if you get the exploding machines in the basement or all areas if you wish
      - Test to see if you can go from Farmhouse to Attic Basement and pool ok
      - See if you can walk into the void
      - For those that really want to start from starter house and cheat your way to final stage. Place stuff down in basement and attic of each stage to see if it is in the same spot on next upgrade.(Meaning it does not move and is in a place you can get to it)

Thankyou all who participate in this test as it will help us all in the long run

Test Version below

Thanks to Oboromusha for giving me the idea if not directly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
        Superior_s likes this.
      • SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Well. I think I just tested every nook and cranny. Here is my result:

I placed a Furnace on every possible tile in the basement (on every stage of the house) and smelted ore, without anything exploding.
        20160422151812_1.jpg 20160422152255_1.jpg 20160422152504_1.jpg 20160422154553_1.jpg

I could enter the basement, the attic and the bathroom on every stage of the house.
        20160422154756_1.jpg 20160422154818_1.jpg

I could NOT walk through any walls.

I only found two issues. When you place something on the most right at the first upgraded house in the basement and upgrade to the next stage, two rows of placed items will get stuck in the wall.
        20160422153928_1.jpg

And, at the second upgraded house, at the basement where the giant furnace is. If you stand beneath the barrel, a part of your head gets cut off.
        20160422154937_1.jpg

I added a couple of screenshot to show what I tested. (Sadly I forgot to take screenshots from the first stage of the house, but everything went fine.)

Attached Files:

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

;___;

hopefully this also helps for the dogs and cats to come inside for those it does not happen for

QuantumConcious likes this.
          • QuantumConcious

I hope so, it was a royal pain in the but moving whole layers and resizing the map. At the same time converting all items placed to reference a new set of tilesheets.
            But it turns out you can not make a map any bigger then 200x200 or all shit breaks loose. I recommend not exceeding 120x120. Now it would not be a issue if i made the mod SMAPI compatible but i have no clue as of yet how to, due to the fact the Farmhouse is a nightmare of code refernces for various Events taken place across a given yr.
            I have seperated all into their own maps in prep for when i can make it SMAPI or FarmHand Compatible. If only i could get someone to start a VS2015 project for me and i will give it a go getting something to work. I don't want to ask people as most we know who are good coders have enough on the plate

Superior_s likes this.
            • taintedwheat

dude i totes feel it, it's good that you're getting prepared for be turned into a smapi/farmhand mod. cake guy is the only one I am aware of that's been turning xnb map mods for ALL.

I think boffo boy might of reversed engineered the first smapi version cake guy did for the bigger bus stop storage so he might have some idea to help

• QuantumConcious

Just so people know i have never said that a bug or issues only happens to the minority as a way to cover up me not knowing what is causing it.
                Something truely only happen to the minority and are totally random. If i knew the cause of something i am happy to admit i screwed up or am unaware of the cause. If one can not simply decifer the cause and only a few get the issue one can only assume it is random and only happens to the minority.

Also due to the fact i changed no code it made no sense to me somethings happened like they did or do. But it turns out this game is very touchy with somethings
                I would never lie to save face by saying this issue only happens to the minority. Simple put somethings only do happen to a few people.

Just note i work hard to try and make this mod the best i can without the ability to code, and give all a variety and cater for custom edits.

I will always help when i can and fix what i can within my power.

Sorry if somepeople have had games ruined due to the Explosion bug or cat/dog bug
                I have always made it known to backup saves and files before adding the mod. If something goes bad one day. You can always revert back using the _old save file in the save for that character.

Then come to me here and let me know. Even try another version to see if it works better

Sorry spiel over

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

I went 200,150 for bus stop, when I want much past that the map went pitch black in the extended area hehe. Cake Lord's Advanced Location Loader will make your job much easier I think by just being able to just put all the new content a warp away in new maps. A cleaner mine-cart interface and dynamically placing items on loading are some of the more advanced bits you can play with too.

btw, what is all that copper for? I cannot help but notice how effective that storage mod I mentioned before would be for that addiction. =)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
                    Superior_s likes this.
                  • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Not so much of a complaint as a fyi, I looked through to see if anyone else had posted about this... and if they did I just overlooked it, so sorry if that's the case. With the first house upgrade with the Micro version of the additions installed, on the far right side of the basement you can see the attic in the void. Doesn't bother me, but I thought I'd mention it regardless. I am incredibly thankful for this mod (and all its different versions, they're all amazing).
                    Untitled.png

• taintedwheat

your character is totes cute! yeah, it's just a map spacing thing, when you open in up and actually see the map its all on one layout together and you can only have so much room before the map will cause problems.

• Acerbicon

Thank you :)

But yea, I get it about the map spacing. With what little I've tried messing around in tIDE, I can only imagine how much of a pain it is to get everything laid out in such a small space.

• QuantumConcious

Still need more TESTERS to confirm fix

FarmHouseExtendedVer1.7 TEST EXPLODING BUG

What you get
                          (This is ony for Bathroom B version for test)

Place in Maps
                          FarmHouse
                          FarmHouse1
                          FarmHouse1_marriage
                          FarmHouse2
                          FarmHouse2_marriage
                          This version does contain new tile sheets
                          (As usual they go into Content)

- FarmHouseExtended_ExtraDecor_tiles.xnb
                          - FarmHouseExtended_wall_floors.xnb

The bathroom does not matter nor does the Attic
                          If you want to test all areas by all means do so
                          - What i ask you test is to see if you get the exploding machines in the basement or all areas if you wish
                          - Test to see if you can go from Farmhouse to Attic Basement and pool ok
                          - See if you can walk into the void
                          - For those that really want to start from starter house and cheat your way to final stage. Place stuff down in basement and attic of each stage to see if it is in the same spot on next upgrade.(Meaning it does not move and is in a place you can get to it)

Thankyou all who participate in this test as it will help us all in the long run

Test Version below

Thanks to Oboromusha for giving me the idea if not directly.

Attached Files:

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

Had exploding machines bug in FarmHouseExtended + FarmCave + SlimeCave Ver1.1.
                            Tested only basic house (not upgraded). In fixed version machines no longer explode. Great job.

• QuantumConcious

I will replicate what i done with this version on the FarmHouseExtended + FarmCave + SlimeCave Ver1.1

But only when i have enough people to confirm stuff is not exploding.
                              I don't want to release it till i know for certain it is fixed for a few people

• Acerbicon

Well, I've tested across my toons that had gotten the exploding bug. In the basic house as well as the two upgrades, unmarried version only, and I didn't have any explosions. My explosions tended to happen the most in the early morning and during the night, so that's where I did most of my testing, but I did test it out at just about every time of day over a period of (in game) days.

QuantumConcious likes this.
                                • lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

I didn't have any exploding items with this mod when I first started using it, but once I removed it (I was reinstalling Stardew) I did have some items explode in the vanilla house. Re-added the mod, retested the same items in the base house, no explosions

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

Question for you Quantum: If we wanted the smoky recolors you did for Ghostly Fox, can we just replace the FarmHouseExtended_tiles.xnb and keep the cleared boiler room you did for our request?

• Faythe

Are you using the new machines mod? There was a version of that which caused the explosions but the creator made it so that machines will turn off overnight if you are using the 3.1.5 beta version.

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

Nope, never used that mod. Iirc I had the exploding items problem in the original version of Stardew (unmodded), but after I updated the game it stopped.

• Faythe

Okay was just trying to troubleshoot a possibility.

lannihamm likes this.