Farming Quests

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Mighty Archemedes, May 14, 2015.

?

Should farm trade and recipe trade quests be introduced?

1. Absolutely; let me get my ledger out...

100.0%
  2. Numbers are hard. Especially big ones.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mighty Archemedes

Mighty Archemedes Phantasmal Quasar

There's been a lot of talk about non-combat-related quests. One possible area to expand on would be agriculture and trade. A town NPC could request, say, 3,577 of a specific crop in dialogue, and would only complete the quest when that exact number was provided.

Players who had a substantial farm lot going might approach these quests; more combat-oriented players might look elsewhere.

Additionally, specific recipes might be requested, with bonuses to the reward dependent on the complexity of the recipe. (Toxic tarts, as an example, would be more valuable than automato stew, which would in turn be more valuable than tomato juice.)

PabloElPuas and Old_Crazy_Gamer like this.
  2. Codepuppy

Codepuppy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And this could even be one way to get particular advanced recipes! Like they request a boatload of ingredients (raw or prepared) and, upon receiving them, show you how to make the advanced thing, because they're a commercial/royal/temple chef! (which would explain why they needed so much of it! :rofl: )
    : D

3. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

great idea

4. Mighty Archemedes

Mighty Archemedes Phantasmal Quasar

That would be fantastic. I hadn't considered the possibility of quests that reward blueprints yet. The same could be said for any engineering quest.

PabloElPuas and Codepuppy like this.