1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Fatal Exception of some sort, happens when I start up the game

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by EmeraldDragonDude, Nov 15, 2019.

1. EmeraldDragonDude

EmeraldDragonDude Void-Bound Voyager

All I know is re-installing the game (as well as my mods) hasn't solved this issue. Can someone help?
    Full image of issue:
    (I'm not good at embedding images in forum posts, sorry!)
    https://imgur.com/a/d9ALCZI

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your full log located in the storage folder of your starbound install.

3. EmeraldDragonDude

I don’t have access to my computer right now, but I’ll add my log next time I do.

4. rallymoose

rallymoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Try clearing your mods folder... i got the same problem with the latest version of FU (Frackin Universe) (but i had alot of other mods too).

5. EmeraldDragonDude

This is the most recent log. I do have FU installed, as well as a bunch of other ones (mostly through Steam Workshop) and I'm not sure what mod could be causing this issue.

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

Do you have any additional files in your assets folder besides the file packed.pak and the user folder?
    Also what mods are you using? Unfortunately the game crashes before it can even output the used mods to the log tho i assume it has something to do with the base assets file because according to your log the next step should be detecting the base assets file packed.pak but you're crashing at this point.

7. EmeraldDragonDude

Only packed.pak is present in the assets folder, as well as the user folder which contains only song abcs
    Most mods are from teckwork's Troubled Waters Plus pack, and are instrument/song additions. I've been able to boot up the game in the past with these mods enabled and even played through the game quite a bit. I'm not sure what happened.
    Wardrobe is there, FU is there (with Frackin' Races, Frackin' Music, and most of its addons)

8. Iris Blanche

Can you launch the game without mods?
    If yes it's one of the mods then and it might be an idea to disable all of them and enable one after another until the culprit is found. Make a backup of your storage folder in this case tho so you dont risk any corruption of your characters and universe files.

9. EmeraldDragonDude

Alright, so it's definitely a mod... time to do the grueling process of re-enabling one by one...!

EDIT: I have to do it late tomorrow, I got work and stuff to do.

10. Iris Blanche

When all your mods are on the workshop i'd recommend using a private collection on the workshop to make the process less tedious.
    But i'd start with possible mods in the mods folder instead. The workshop folders seem to be accessed later during the loading process.

11. EmeraldDragonDude

Thanks- it turned out to be an experimental mod from a friend I forgot I had installed. Everything's running fine!