1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Fatal Exception/OpenGL 2.0 not avail....

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Counterflank, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Counterflank

Counterflank Space Hobo

I bought, and played Starbound months ago when I was still running Win 7 Pro (rip). After making the mistake of 'upgrading' to MS's amateur-hour bugs' nest known as Win 10 pro, build 18363, I am getting the "Fatal Exception caught:(RendererException) OpenGL 2.0 not available!" error upon startup. Steps I have taken thus far include;

1. Uninstalling and re-installing all files/directories for Starbound.
    2.Closing Steam and overlay then launching directly from Exe.
    3. Re-installed Visuall C++ 2015-2019.
    4.Verified installation of Direct X 12.0 via DxDiag.

I'll continue searching for solutions before requesting refund. I'm looking forward to playing this game! Thanks all. Oh, I included the crash logs.

upload_2020-9-3_15-12-2.png

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please make sure that your video card drivers are up to date and that starbound is using your actual video card and not the onboard one, if applicable.

3. Skyletron

Skyletron Space Hobo

Ok, so what is our option when we've made sure our graphics driver is up to date and that the game is using the up-to-date-graphics card? And we still get the OpenGL error?

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

In that case your machine doesn't fulfill the minimum hardware requirements for the game and therefor you're not able to run it. :c