1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Biome?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by achaven, Jun 24, 2016.

1. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

Arid alien and flesh and forest

2. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

[​IMG]
    Hᴇᴄᴋ, of course! But alas, it has long since welcomed its last guest...

3. N8C8XX

N8C8XX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've always had a soft spot for cold areas in games, so any place that has snow, I'm down with! I did like the old mechanic of maintaining temperature with the bar rather than it immediately depleting your health, but I don't think that's changing. I thought it added a cool little complexity to the game, but oh well.

achaven likes this.
  4. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Martinus generators are just so fun, just fuel for days!

5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Damn, what a great chance to get nostalgic about the Koala era... Back the, I really liked deserts, because they were pretty difficult to survive on but still relatively easy. Now, I have to say the jungle. Those frog guys are pretty chill.

6. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

I've never heard of a Martinus Generator. What are they?

7. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Its basically a liquid generator that uses a mechanic found by Martinus on reddit (I cant remember if Im spelling his name right) where when a amount of liquid so tiny its non-visible touches a pool of a different liquid, it changes into the second liquid. Quiksilver/ThatThunderCookie has made multiple videos on youtube explaining them and making them, I would recommend checking them out.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  8. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

I've had ThunderCookie recommended to me before, but forgot to watch them. I'll check em out, this sounds really interesting and fun.
    Edit: After watching, I have one thing to say about Martinus Generators: ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  9. Osofox

Osofox Void-Bound Voyager

I prefer Forrest planets, but I'm primarily looking for a mushroom bio me still no luck not even sure it exist, would be my ideal place to live.

10. HighTech109

HighTech109 Void-Bound Voyager

Magma planets. I mean, it's like Ocean Planets, but directided by Micheal Bay.

Ok seriously, I've always loved the end-game tier "fiery" planets. They seem extremely dangerous and super cool. If there was a way to dive in lava without burning, with some kind of armor or something, I'd definetly build an obsidian dome and make an "under-lava" colony.
    Would have to watch out for meteors tho...

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.