Favorite furniture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aurrelia, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Aurrelia

Aurrelia Aquatic Astronaut

So after getting my last house upgrade and having all this space to decorate. I now can't find any furniture to buy :(

So what's your experience? Do you have any favorite finds? Or modded furniture?

I'd really like some nice throw rugs, I have the red starter now and the Navy stripe and that's all. And I debate on other things to add to the house. I made some wooden lights so I have some more floor lamps, but i'd love for some other lamps to come up for sale.

Also, I can't recall if Joja sells furniture too. I didn't thing they did.

• DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

Aurrelia likes this.
    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'm fond of the mahogany furniture, and the plants. I'm using a mod now though that changes a lot of it to have more of a witchy vibe. I like lots of green in my house, so I usually pick the green couches and rugs.

Here's a screenshot of my house in my first play-through. (I just started my second one, so my house isn't really decorated yet.)

Attached Files:

Aurrelia likes this.
      • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The houseplants, to have a lot of greenery indoors. In terms of actual 'furnishings', the Moon- (or Sun-) Table has a nice decorative border. I own a China Cabinet but have it in storage because I have no place to put it right now. The Tea Set is a favorite of mine but you can't buy one-- you can only get it as a holiday gift if you're lucky. (Haley gave me mine in my third year, which is what made me start cultivating her as a friend.)

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

I really like the red couches and the china cupboards. It looks nice

• Aurrelia

Aurrelia Aquatic Astronaut

I love them all! Now I need to decide on some themes and get decorating. At the moment I have mismatched couches, a brown chair, a red chair, and one dining table. I'd love the hutch, Christmas tree, and little spaces you guys created.

It's also nice to see you can move stuff in the kids room.

My favorite thing to buy so far has been windows, but that's about to change.

And I need me those lamps! Especially he white modern one and the classic white shaded floor lamps!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
              CjBeats likes this.
            • CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Oh right that reminds me. I also really like my giant stuffed animal in my children's rooms.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I should probably clarify, you can't move the kids room furniture, there's a mod that takes it out. >.>

• DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

What ended up happening in my case is that completely by accident each room ended up having like a color theme, mainly decided by the chairs and i just decided to roll with it. You can see the kitchen is green, the entrance hall is like yellow-ish.

• Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

So far, I like the crystal chair.

• StardewPally

StardewPally Big Damn Hero

Well, I have a couple of answers...although there are some decorations in the villagers houses that I wish I could have (like the grandfather clock, for example), I am largely satisfied by the furniture in the game so I thought I'd make a top 10.

10. Golden Pumpkin. I could have sold this, which is what we're supposed to do I guess, but I didn't really have many items to place on tables and I loved the way it looked as a centerpiece on the Festive and Winter dining tables, so I ended up keeping them every halloween...Might've sold a couple, though :/

9. Dried Sunflowers. Easily my favourite plant. The bright, cheerful colours of sunshine yellow and sky blue stand out so vividly even if placed in far away corners. I buy one every harvest festival, and I wish I could buy them whenever I wanted!

8. The Jade Hills painting. Definitely my favourite wall decoration (followed closely by the Night on Eco Hill). I just love the natural settings in the paintings, and this is the biggest of the natural paintings. I don't generally go in for mods, but if I did it would be the one with expanded paintings.

7. China Cabinet. Very much the most detailed of the standing furniture, my only regret is that there isn't more with that level of expensive taste (even the mahogany furniture looks plain beside the China Cabinet)

6. Marble Brazier. This is my lighting fixture of choice. I like objects that you can interact with, so I like turning the flames on and off, and I like the moody lighting the fire gives off, and it looks so elegant and sophisticated compared to the rustic atmosphere of Stardew Valley

5. Winterstar Tree. The only time I redecorate is to theme with the season, so I love that I get a Winterstar Tree. It's so big, and colourful, it instantly puts me in the Winterstar spirit whenever I look at it! (I like the Halloween decorations Witch Scarecrow/Spooky Statue/Jack'O'Lantern for the same reason!)

4. Tea Set. It took me four years to get the Tea Set at the Feast of the Winterstar. Haley gave it to me, and I pretty much forgave her past rudeness after that. I like things that are distinct, but there are so few items that can be placed on tables as accent features. The tea set is definitely my favourite tabletop item.

3. Leah's Statue. Forgive me for being sentimental, but my lovely redhead Leah gave this to me, and while I thought it looked like a piece of driftwood at first it really has grown on me. Pretty much every other item I place in very specific places and leave them there, but I am constantly moving Leah's statue around to places of prominent focus.

2. Standing Geode. Nothing else in my house, I think, looks as pretty as the Standing Geode. It was one of the first (if not the first) piece of furniture I got and it really set the bar for me. I wish there were more furniture items as individual and impressive as the geode.

1. Singing Stone. I honestly love this thing. I ring it twice a day, once in the morning when I get up and once in the evening right before I go to bed. It's like a little ritual for me, and the sound it makes is so sharp and clear. It really makes me happy on a very basic level.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
                      • Dozy

Dozy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aurrelia likes this.