1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite monsters

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LizardGaming, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

ah ok, sounds cool, i totally forgot about them, thx for reminding

2. LostSeeker

LostSeeker Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looks wise, I'd have to join in with the Fennix fanwagon, they're SO CUTE!
    [​IMG]
    I can't help but have a few tethered around my settlements as village pets (while also part time guard foxes). If only monsters tied to a tether would STOP running back and forth like they're doing a marathon around the tether and actually stand still, since their idle tail wagging animation is adorable to see. :love:

Combat wise, I actually have taken to using a Kluex Sentry to back me up.
    [​IMG]
    They're able to be caught in the Avian Key mission (its bigger cousin, the Kluex Totem is NOT able to be captured BTW). Main reason I like em is cause they will actually fight very evasively, keeping their distance while firing off laser shots and not charge into potentially dangerous situations suicidally. Also, I have a MAJOR Avian theme going on as well on my main too.;)

Big Mayan-tech guardian robots are also simply just cool too.

Interestingly enough, they have quite a large damage-on-contact box, which I have seen this guy club away flyers who try charging at it with his big stone wings. (Complete with an audible squish/smashing sounds when the sentry kills something with this method) His shots may not be the fastest travelling thing in the world, but overall these crystal-hearted guardian angels are smart(ish) about their own survivability. :up:

3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

and when you make both have babies you get an tech fennix
    [​IMG]

4. LostSeeker

LostSeeker Subatomic Cosmonaut

I actually had one of my guards ask me to capture one of these lil guys for em, which he traded a Fennix to me for. The Voltip actually fights by his side now, which is awesome to see him have a new best friend.

Edit: Seems certain NPCs are also enthusiastic about pets as much as we are!