1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FearnWAZZA, May 11, 2016.

1. Jandroan

Jandroan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Order of most favorite to least favorite races
    Avians-Florans-Hylotl-Apex-Glitch-Humans-Novakid

Avians: Love their lore, love their armor, love the mayan/egyptian theme and the power crystal tech, and the ship is very functional.
    Florans: Like the lore, like most of the armor, like the cobbled together ship (especially the greenhouse deck), dont like the ship's awkward layout, cute accent.
    Hylotl: Love the japanese theme, meh on lore, Samurai armor? HECK YEAH, plus very useful ship layout.
    Apex: Love the lore, like the armor, like the dystopian theme, HATE THE SHIP.
    Glitch: Like the lore, like some of the armor, meh on medieval theme, Like the ship, like their speech.
    Humans: Like the armor, like the lore, like the ship, boring cause i'm one.
    Novakid: Not a fan of western, like their personality, don't like the ship, don't like the hype (though it has died down since the winter update).

Axe Garian, Jimlad 42 and FearnWAZZA like this.
  2. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Humans. But my favorite ship is Novakids.

Jimlad 42 and FearnWAZZA like this.
  3. King Kitteh

King Kitteh Starship Captain

FearnWAZZA, if you like every single comment you see, then it kind of diminishes the quality of you liking stuff. By liking every comment, you like no comment.

What are you? A communist?

Skelozard1 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. MrReddiculous

MrReddiculous Void-Bound Voyager

I really like the Novakids, but the spaceship is mweh. Do like the floran and hylotl spaceships.

5. FearnWAZZA

FearnWAZZA Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybeh :unsure:

Zebe, Jimlad 42 and Prototype XT81 like this.
  6. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Let me introduce you to this person I know... @Jimlad 42

FearnWAZZA, Zebe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  7. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I was summoned?
    Anyway, I would say I like Novakids the most. Fluffy pets, and extra glowing. (right? Is each race different in that respect? I haven't played in... years? A year? Awhile.)

8. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

I have to say floran, mainly because I played as a floran for my first 2 play-throughs of Starbound. My second is probably hylotl, then glitch, then avian, then novakid, then human, then apex (sorry apex but your science stuff is boring)

FearnWAZZA and Jimlad 42 like this.
  9. FearnWAZZA

FearnWAZZA Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's okay. I fully understand science is not for all. I just love to learn about everything!

10. King Kitteh

No no no, science is for everyone. Being a gross hairy ape isn't.

I often play as a human, but I put a lot of the fancy apex science devices in my ship. I'm all about the furniture, not being reminded of my gross primitive past.

Sh4dowWalker96 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  11. Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Floran then Avian.
    The shapes are strange on the apex and avian ships because they aren't really aerodynamic I think the avian ship might look better if it looked a bit more like this: [​IMG]
    Don't have to have the fins as large or have the rings at all just the straight shaft would make it look better already.
    On a side note I miss Futurama

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  12. Taskmaster

Taskmaster Void-Bound Voyager

My first would be Florans and my second would be a tie between Glitch & Novakid

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. Cyber-Toast

Cyber-Toast Big Damn Hero

Florans, because plants:nuruhappy:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. King Kitteh

Try using this Mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/avian-cruiser.3563/

It adds a better looking (IMO) Avian Cruiser, I've used it whenever I play as an Avian.

[​IMG]

15. DarrkkFreya

DarrkkFreya Void-Bound Voyager

Novakid now and forever <3
    The whole concept of literal star people is very novel idea in itself - actually, I don't think I ever saw something like this in fantasy or sci-fi as an actual sentient self-sufficient race rather then artificial magical constructs like fire elementals. But the lack of any meaningful development from Chuckefish is very disheartening, and somehow managed to completely kill the hype for 1.0 for me :( I don't think I even have it in me to still play the game until someone, be it modders or Chuckefish developers, actually makes them a complete race with meaningful lore, some degree of presence in the Universe, and, hey, maybe their own storyline if I want to be demanding :nurutease:

That all said, I kinda understand Chucklefish though, they definitely bit more then they could chew - other stretch goals are less ambitious, just small "fluff" features with no real impact on universe and lore, definitely nothing like a whole new race, which is, IMO expansion pack material. I think undertaking a stretch goal of this maginitude was just one one of the mistakes Tiy mentioned. :( I don't think Chuckefish thought this far ahead and never expected that some people will become genuinely interested in Novakids over the years and would want them to be more then another picture on the character selection screen and a vague sentence in the ending cinematic. Let's just hope that when 1.0 hits, modders will come to rescue and do something to fix this mistake and flesh out Novakids, if developers will still cling to their "bonus race" and "do not fit in the lore" execuses after 1.0 hits (which they will most likely do)...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Axe Garian, FearnWAZZA and Jimlad 42 like this.
  16. Westu

Westu Aquatic Astronaut

a lot of people seem to not like the Novakid cowboy style, but thats my favourite part about them...

Axe Garian and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie Void-Bound Voyager

From most favorite to least favorite
    Floran - Nova - Glitch - Human - apex - avian.
    I down right hate the hylotl so much that I won't even put them on the list. Their design, their very being is just... RAAH
    Floran: I just love because I don't know... Plant people just sounds cool.
    Nova: I love the cowboy aspect of them.
    The glitch are freaking robots, nuff said.
    Human.. meh
    Apex... meh
    Avian: I used to like so much but I don't know, I just changed I guess.
    :party:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

I like humans the best, for multiple reasons.

First, unlike many, I enjoy them BECAUSE I'm one in real life! It feels familiar and good! I can experience the life of a human space explorer!
    Second, while most seem to consider humans generic and boring, and have a tendency to assume they should have no special characteristic, I'm of the mind that humans are just as alien as any other races, depending on what race is looking at them. To a Hylot, a human is an alien. Therefore, humans should have distinguishing features and be loved much more as they are not actually the staple generic race.

That's why I like them.

19. captainradish

captainradish Void-Bound Voyager

I find it a bit odd that the apparent most popular race is the weird violent carnivorous plants.

20. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

Floran not weird! Fleshy thingsss isss weird! Plantsss completely normal!