1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FearnWAZZA, May 11, 2016.

1. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

For my self-confidence, i'd say that i am right for no actual reason. :lickitung:

Tet the Zoologist likes this.
  2. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Cautious. Behave yourself, meat man....

Axe Garian and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Aztecs were tribal, part of their downfall came about from other tribes allying with the spanish(before getting backstabbed and missionaried themselves)

4. Viralord

Viralord Poptop Tamer

@King Kitteh: Informative. We Glitch state our emotions to non-Glitch as a courtesy. Amongst our own kind we tend to forego our declarative statements that concern our state of being. To one another and when writing, we tend to to forego such rituals.

Courteous. I would suggest reading up on some Glitch written material and the misadventures of Hiraki Corale.

5. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

*Axe Garian Dislikes this Post*

Maybe some of us are fans of Good Community Spirit & we're no Simon Cowell. That is NOT wrong! :sparta:

Holy wow that does look a lot more awesome! :DD

For the Topic:

1st Place: Glitch - IRL i'm an Asperger, which is a Mental Development Disorder, so I feel a kinship with the Glitch, who are a Race of Glitched in the Head people who can't really operate mentally normally either & who in turn can produce offspring with their own form of Glitches in their Head, which I can feel like i'm such an Offspring myself. The Glitch & I were built for each other. (Though my shamelessly biased opinion says they should be loving Axes the most instead of stupid pompous arrogant pretty boy better-than-thou stuck up Swords. There ya go, an example of how i'd surely look Glitched in the Head compared to other Glitch.)

2nd Place: Novakid - partially cause 'Star People' are cool as a Concept, partially cause I like the Wild West Theme, partially cause my Fav Internet Bud, @Killer Snowman Mains them. (& cause of that I got to get a REAL fast CowboyDeputy's Hat to enjoy for much of my Playthrough! Only recently found other viable Vanity Helms, but i'm gonna Treasure the Hat from my best bud forever! :love: )

3rd Place: Apex - I'm ok with Monkey & Ape People, I love their Electric Themed Items... to the point that i'm jealous of Apex having them instead of us Glitch, Apex Tag & all, (Especially Plasma Discs! Also I wish I could use Tesla Spikes, let alone without them having the Evil Tag... they're not Innately Evil, it's a matter of how & why they're used, I say!) & i'm VERY sympathetic towards the Apex Rebels. (I wish SO MUCH I could Craft & use Electrical Barrier doors... :cry:)

4th Place: Hylotl - Katanas are cool, (Katanas & Lightsabers are exemptions from my Sword Hate.) the Hylotl Arrogance isn't. Still, there are cool aspects of Japanese Culture. Also, i'm becoming a fan of Pressurized Durasteel, & Durasteel Platforms, & i've, as of the time of this Post, just recently found a cool Building Idea with Pressurized Girders & Beams that may make me a Fan of them too, instead of wondering why to ever bother with them! :p (Meh on the Ornate Tiles & Oriental Stuffs though.)

5th Place: Avian - I'm VERY not a Fan of Zealots. :down: The only part of Avian Culture I can truthfully say I like is the concept of powering stuff with Energy Crystals, & the Phoenix Circlet Vanity Helm, cause Phoenixes are cool. That's it. Birds themselves i'm neutral to fyi.

6th Place: Floran - Fun idea for a Race, except for the grossness of Cannibalism. Cannibalism is a HUGE turn off. If it wasn't for that, Florans would place above Avians in my book.

Last Place: Penguins - Yes they're mischievous, but not REAL bad. They're no Kluex Worshippers or Miniknog or such anyway. Also got Charisma completely out of proportion to their size. I think it's half 'Devs couldn't deal with them being shorter then other Races for Gameplay & Story Purposes' & half just plain not fair that they didn't get to be a 'Chosen Race'. If their Race got fleshed out more they could be a cool addition to the List of Playable Races, then i'd move them up to 4th Place with Tier Adjustments made accordingly.

Dishonorable Mention: Humans - We pollute, kill each other for personal gain, kill ourselves with retardation like Alchohol & Smoking & worse, wage War for retarded reasons, exploit each other instead of be an actual Civilization, have no brains, disrespect life in blazes of arrogance & conceitedness, (Sometimes at Genocidal Levels...) choose retarded things to value, like idiotic green & white paper & Gold, waste needlessly... the List goes on. Humans are a seriously retarded loser Species. (I hate being one... :( I wish I had been born a Lightning Breathing Dragon instead.) Grosses me out that so many Humans strut around thinking they're an Invincible Master God(dess)... :x (Seriously, visit any Poison Planet & see how screwed up those Planets are, above & below... Humans did that... D: & don't even get me started on us RL Humans... :urgh:)

6. Tet the Zoologist

Tet the Zoologist Space Penguin Leader

• User has been warned for this post. Reason: Breaking the Golden Rule. Penalty: 1 point / 1 month
    Oh my god they ARE NOT tribal like I already said. Okay explain to me, how are Aztecs tribal? Is it because they lived in south America, which is where other civilizations were made (like in Peru and Argentina), or is it because they're native American? Oh wait, they're were also North American civilizations as well as South American ones. For the last FFFFF*cking time, stop calling Aztecs tribal you idiots!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

They were a tribe of indiginous peoples. they dealt with and through the tribes that lived around them. There are tribes in other parts of the world too. Just because they had a civilization doesn't mean they were never a group of tribes, or that the tribes ceased to be once cities were founded. The same goes for the Avians, although in this case it is more the look, the floran are closer to it in deed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
  8. Tet the Zoologist

Tribes don't make cities. Saying the Aztecs were tribal is like saying the Romans were tribal.

Tribes become nations.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Even with the cities they still lived and died by the others around them, who had cities of their own.(in combination with the spanish conquest.)

What does this have to do with the avian, at any rate?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Floran isss bessst.

ArtificialReality and Jimlad 42 like this.
  11. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Hylotl , Novakid, Human, apex, floran, avian.

Though atm I really enjoy Avali race from the mods though.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. Anenfairy

Anenfairy Void-Bound Voyager

Floran voted for other Floran.

13. Evris

Evris Orbital Explorer

Humans Novakids and Avians

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Tet the Zoologist

Well, avian are based off of the Aztec, and you keep calling avians and Aztecs tribal, which has EVERYTHING to do with the avian!
    And also, what does "Even with the cities they still lived and died by others around them, who had cities on their own. (In combination with the Spanish)" EVEN F*UCKING MEAN!? Your arguments make no f*cking sense, and you have nothing but gibberish to support your claims.

I'm f*cking fourteen years old and I know what I'm talking about more than you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

That you pride yourself so much on mesoamerican history seems to suggest that you are somehow offended by all this. So I apologize. A word of advice: stop swearing so much, it doesn't make you convincing or mature to other people. I ultimately had to look up several websites, some of which did list the peoples that made up the Aztec and including the Aztec as a whole, as tribes, before just calling it an empire again for simplicity's sake.

The focus of the Avian's religious beliefs suggests a more theocratic nature than the people that they are referencing, not that the Aztec were not religous, but the relationship with Kluex is often a core point of Avian societies and Avian characterization.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
  16. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Personally I like playing a "Grounded" Avian, because I relate so much. I'll tell you this: I'm an atheist stuck in the "Bible Belt" of the USA. The old lore pretty much described life here perfectly, with the exception of feathers, airships, and being thrown off rooftops.

I used to steal loads of Miniknog and USCM furniture and swap my ship out for the Apex one, essentially being an avian scientist. Always wanted my own Serpent Droid as a sidekick.

17. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Please keep it civil, guys. Throwing insults will get you into trouble.

18. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

My favorite has always been floran. I love nature and plants, even the bitter side of things. They remind me of the Native americans of north america. Even they were considered savages at one point. Although I don't quite see it that way. A live for the hunt, no matter what the actual hunt's objective is. Doesn't always have to be prey. Then again I am an odd floran. Still search for a better spear. ><

Anyway I do like many of the other races of the game.

Glitch & Hylotl would be my second favorite ironically enough.
    Glitch for their well... glitch as well the architecture that goes along with it. I have always like the era it represents. A time of struggle among kingship and classes of stature.
    Hyltol I mainly love their architecture, but they do have an interesting personality old & new lore. The other side of the leaf that draws a war among them and Floran in the past. Honor driven and usually peacemakers that have toned down in poetic thought and entertainment pleasure.

Avian & Human would be my third favorite.
    Avian for the semi-zealotic live of the old lore, and a passion into their faith. Builders of grand structures to commemorate what they follow onward, though we have not flight; maybe in time we will; so have faith for that journey into enlightenment. I am not overly fond of sandstone buildings, but I do like the colors of the tombs. Can't help it I like the bluish bricks and stones within. Still all its' own. Plus they are birds. I love birds, whether flightless or not.
    Human is a quite diversity of people, and stands for the ground at which differences could be put aside, even in war; things settle to the simple life of entertainment and living. They maybe the balanced ones or the most familiar of the lot, but there are so many of them after all. To live and prosper, conquer and negotiate, and many other tid bits throughout time.

Novakids I like but is near the bottom of the list. I can relate to their getting distracted by a lot of things. Usually always moving from one adventure to the next of the wild west, freely doing what they want. Energetic is probably a light term to use, as they are so much more. I love their ship quite a bit and would rate it at second for the ships alone.

Apex... Not overly fond of the dystopian society. reminds me of planet of the apes, which is good, but with the societal overture I am not too keen on. They are ok beyond that. So my least favorite if at all. The rebels are a different matter...

That is my run down from most to least. I do enjoy the variety of races, and hopefully will have characters for each of them; if not multiple for some.:nuruhappy:

19. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Although I play as a human character, my favorite race is the Hylotl.

... no particular reason. They are just objectively the best.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Domascus

Domascus Void-Bound Voyager

This thread is racist.

What's that? Oh, my favorite species!

Human obviously. I am one.

Tet the Zoologist and Jimlad 42 like this.