Favorite Seasonal Ambient sound?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chlorruption, Sep 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I play with the music off (I'm horrible, I know) and I really love the Fall ambience with the distant windchimes. Very peaceful.

What about the rest of you?

deukahng likes this.
    • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I haven't really played with just ambience yet, I've considered turning off music for at least one full playthrough for a long time but I really just enjoy farming to music too much, so it hasn't happened yetX3

So, I don't have a favorite ambient sound yet. I love the rain sound in this game though, I love fishing on rainy days and just chill out to the sound of the rain.

• Chlorruption

I keep it off so I can window & watch youtube while I play. :p

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Too many to name, so I will only single out my /least/ favourite ambient sound, that irritating incessant fly-buzzing during the Summer daylight hours. We could have had whirring cicadas, or the distant chitter of crickets and frogs, but, no, instead we have that elegant fresh-from-the-carcass sound.

ciphermandy, Borodin and Chlorruption like this.
          • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I have noticed that fly when the music stops in summer xD
            It doesn't bother me though, I'm used to flies.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Probably the chirping birds in spring and the distant calls of ravens in autumn. My music seems to stop after noon so I get the ambient sounds for the rest of the day. I also really enjoy the crickets at night.

Favorite indoor ambiance would definitely be the creaking floorboards and windchimes inside the community center when it's still empty, or Elliot's cabin.

I try to think of them as bees, then it's not so bad. lol

Chlorruption likes this.
              • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Bees, or Beelzebub?

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

You're not Horrible, you're Chlorruption! Tried to fool ol' Mini there eh? (Know what I mean, know what I mean? Nudge nudge?)

Anyway, favourite ambient sound? I have enough sounds and music in my everyday life, so the complete silence of the winter nights is what really clears my mind.

Chlorruption likes this.
                  • MarianT

MarianT Subatomic Cosmonaut

The rain is nice, and I love the wind chimes at the Community Center. The first time I heard them I took my headphones off because I thought they might belong to our neighbor. I also like the boots crunching in the snow in winter and there's a high-pitched bird call that's very pretty in summer.

deukahng and Chlorruption like this.
                    • Chlorruption

Can't recall the bird call. ;x I'll have to keep an ear out when I start playing again post-update. :3

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Autumn. As has been said, the wind chimes really add something. -Which also says a lot about the delight in detail ConcernApe brought to the game, at every level.

sabrinatw and Chlorruption like this.
                        • RaineShadow

RaineShadow Industrial Terraformer

The sound of waves on the beach, I love listening to that.

Gold Dragon, Chlorruption and MarianT like this.
                          • StrikerzRyan

StrikerzRyan Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know what it's called but I love the little whistles at night during the summer.

Chlorruption likes this.
                            • xMel248

xMel248 Void-Bound Voyager

The sound of the rain is probably my favorite.

Also, this isn't seasonal but I love the sound of the Horse hooves clicking on the pavement

Chlorruption likes this.