1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Fetal Error: Access Violation detected

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Zelestir, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Zelestir

Zelestir Seal Broken

I've not played starbound in a while, so I've recently installed it and started to play it again. However, ever since I've installed the game I have been getting the error shown bellow in the photo. The steps I've taken so far to attempt to remedy the problem are listed as well.

I've verified the game cache
    Uninstalled mods
    Uninstalled/ Reinstalled the game

I don't know what to do here.

This bug will happen radomly, it doesn't matter what I am doing, it will start with the game no longer being responsive, and then, giving me the error as shown bellow.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. Zelestir

Zelestir Seal Broken

Any ideas on this guys?..

3. Geethebluesky

Geethebluesky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since no one else replied I figure any suggestion might be better than none:

Have you updated your graphics card drivers recently? Reading that error, in your place this is something I would try to do. No idea if it'll actually work.

4. Zelestir

Zelestir Seal Broken

I did your suggestion, followed by a few other steps, like, using CCleaner to check the registry, oddly enough, with that, and starting the game on 32bit (even though my OS is 64bit) I'm not getting the error anymore.

I just recently unpacked the packed.pak file so I can try and do some specific command line, I got the error once. Since, but that's it.

5. Geethebluesky

Geethebluesky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm glad you could play in the end then :)