Modding Help file that changes the chests' colours

Discussion in 'Mods' started by eemie, Oct 4, 2016.

1. eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Has anyone figured out yet which file is the one that changes the colours of the chest? Craftables.png only has a white base. Is the file even moddable? Moddable? Is that a word?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The colors are handled by the code, when the chest is drawn.

• eemie

So... I can't mod that? Where do the colours come from, I don't understand.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The `Chest` class at `StardewValley.Objects` inside the StardewValley.exe has a property called `playerChoiceColor` that defines the actual color used.
          It is possible to mod chests to have new or more colors, perhaps in the future someone will have time to add a colorpicker to the chest menu :)

• eemie

I was thinking about replacing the current colours with more natural wood ones. Chest nut brown, cherry wood brown, pine etc. Is something like that possible?

sabrinatw likes this.
            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yes, but far from easy, and you do need a SMAPI mod for it.

• eemie

Haha okay that's not my area, maybe someone else wants to pick up my idea :D
                Thank you for checking it out for me and explaining it to me like I'm a 5 year old foreigner. You're always super helpful.

• Gracelessdance

Gracelessdance Void-Bound Voyager

So question, if when I try to change the color of a chest - and it goes invisible.... Can I fix that? Does anyone know how or what Mod does that?

• eemie

Sounds like you have pre 1.1 version of the craftables. Fix it by replacing it with a compatible craftables.xnb

Gracelessdance likes this.
                    • Gracelessdance

Thank You that helped me figure out the mod too! and they have an update so hopefully that fixes it- TYTYTYTY~!

eemie likes this.
                      • eemie

What is the mod? If it still doesnt work I can see if I can fix it?

• Gracelessdance

It is http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/473/? I had the version before the update (Decided to try it maybe two days before the new one was posted :rofl:)- I will try the version made for the update when I get home(I'm at work >.>) If the updated file doesn't fix it I'll let you know. Thank you again~!

• eemie

Oh lol that's mine. Yea it def works

• Gracelessdance

OMG HI~! I love them, they are FOR sure my favorite mods for the town(dirt/buildings etc).

The color always bothered me 'till this patch- basically I decided "No, no more- there have to be something out there" And what a wonderful world modding is. I didn't even Know how much I disliked my weird yellowly goats, till I saw the deer mod you made <3

This is so cool- I'm going to go download it and try it out now- cause I've got a million chests and up till now I've just been remembering what ones what by placement, but it would be so cool to use the new feature- ok ok I'mma go try the things- Should probably update all the new files though hu? ... I know you probably get this a ton, but is life allowing you to work on anything cool currently mod wise for the game?

I guess thank you in advanced? You beautiful lovely human. (even if you don't have the time or w/e to answer the question I just mean for the updated patch fix that I was a doof and didn't realized was there- or rather that I'm the doof that stated moding a game right after an update lol)

eemie likes this.
                              • eemie

@Gracelessdance thank you for your kind words <3 I hope you will enjoy the mods!
                                To answer your question, I'm currently working on a new map recolour! I hope I can release it by the end of this week! It looks really pretty so far ^^