1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Final boss suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Matanui3, May 21, 2013.

1. Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

Now, I will preface this thread by admitting that I do not have the Beta, and thus do not know how the endgame of this game plays out (or if it even HAS an end), but after seeing the following image, I came up with an idea:
    11105471253396324352_screenshots_2013-05-11_00002.jpg
    What if this structure was the final teleporter home, and activating it triggered a fight with a special boss that only appeared here?
    Bonus points if all mob spawns during the charge time are bosses (No mooks except the ones spawned by the bosses).

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Final boss should be rain.

Fox0427 likes this.
      • Ifrit

Ifrit Starship Captain

Well the interesting thing about the third level is that after beating it, a sprite of your ship appears as well, you can't do anything with it right now, but it seems that in the 3rd level you'll have a choice to keep fighting or to escape?
        I don't know much myself and I'm only guessing, but it seems that they might have some stuff already planned and we'll get a choice in game for what we do

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Is that every time you beat the third level, or just the first time? Because it seems to be the Bandit's ship, as it unlocks him.
          I'm honored that you're referring to my screenshot :P
          It appears in the third out of fourth level in the beta, and is sometimes blocked off, so final boss isn't very likely. I think it could be a secret stage, rather than a boss. Similar to the one in Hyper Princess Pitch, which is filled with strange enemies, and has something special at the end, instead of a boss. I'll try not to spoil too much about it, as it is still a secret stage. A boss would be neat, too.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

That game is glorious.

• Ifrit

Ifrit Starship Captain

Huh... that also makes a lot of scene >>;