1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Final Fantasy - Black Mage Rods

Discussion in 'Weapons, Armor and Clothes' started by sxfighter, Jan 21, 2018.

1. sxfighter

sxfighter Void-Bound Voyager

I like getting feedback as I work, so here's a preview thread for my mod.

These WIP sprites are based those from the Final Fantasy Tactics series, I do plan on having 6 tiers as well as custom projectiles for each rod. - I will update the preview as I work.

[​IMG]

Any suggestions, criticisms, or general feedback is more than welcome.

The "Special" rods aren't actually aligned with their correct tiers, they will all be high tier rods that, like the "magic" rods, don't have elemental based attacks. I'm not sure how I'll handle them exactly due to my limited knowledge of Starbound in general but I want them to be quite rare and difficult to obtain.

From top to bottom: Princess, Mythril, Heretic, and Stardust.

This mod is actually only a small portion of an overall plan - A Black Mage race mod. For now this will be a weapon mod adding magic rods. My focus will be on full integration; balance, matching the art style, ability to craft, and uniqueness as a new weapon type if possible. I wish this to be fully fledged and seamless, it shouldn't feel like a mod.

Please note: I'm an artist, any coding will be a learn as I go situation and I can't promise anything amazing. Let's just hope for "barely working" to set the standards low, shall we?

Wish me luck.

Waffle-Chan likes this.