1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Firefly's Big Box of Loot Collaboration! [Upbeat Giraffe] 3.6

Loot to help you become your favorite Firefly characters.

1. edwardsdaniel007

edwardsdaniel007 Space Spelunker

Good suggestion, but I think people would like to have the weapons separate from each other. So they can RP their version of the 'verse.

2. edwardsdaniel007

edwardsdaniel007 Space Spelunker

I don't mean to be picky, but I did notice some of the grammar and punctuation were off for the parasol and a few other mod items. This does not bother me, but it may for Firefly perfectionists. I don't mean the Firefly lingo. Just a heads up to the great modders who have done an absolutely fantastic ruttin job on these mods.

3. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

The show is definitely awesome like that. Personally, I think it is better to have them all available for top tier. I agree that Vera is freaking awesome by the finish, but people have different play styles.

Exactly. Personally, I think it would be awesome to run around with a killer stick gun. ^^

Any mistakes are a good thing to report, I don't mind. Most of the quotes used for the descriptions came straight from the show/movie. If there is anything specific you think needs fixing, let me know. I'm not always the best at grammar. If you don't want to clog the thread with minor fixes, you can message me directly. I've been really caught up in each new piece that I don't think to go back and check the stuff already made.

4. nicaroso

nicaroso Void-Bound Voyager

Ah well, then i guess i will just modify my own version, to work like that. Sort of personalizing the mod. :p Love it so much

5. tron5088

tron5088 Space Spelunker

HURRY!!!!! I love this mod i want the to be done's :D

6. kittentamer

Feel free! Part of the fun of the modding experience, making it unique for each. I know once that last character wipe comes out, I'll be an avian flying a firefly, in an Inara dress, wielding a stick gun and a Reaver Axe! Now won't that be a fun screenshot!

ROFL. The biggest problem with it being "done" is additional requests. =P

I believe the Mule and possibly additional vehicle mods are being taken on by Ifrix, who will be releasing his own mod for them.

Spawners are being put on a back burner for now, by me at least. My brain doesn't want to look at more code then I already understand right now. I believe DeadSquirrel is working on that pet project atm anyway. =P

7. kittentamer

8. kittentamer

I keep telling myself I'm going to take a break, then I look at what has been done and all the fantastic people commenting and reviewing and I just want to jump right back in! I'm going to keep running with this, but once the new release comes out? (obviously I'll make sure the mod is compatible) then, I'm going to be actually *gasp* playing the game! So I guess there is a loose deadline of when I'm calling this mod done, except for the occasional add-on someone else submits. At least, the updates will be much more spaced out after the final character wipe. =P

Oh, and I wanted to ask since a lot of other people have done it: Should we make a custom crafting table for this so that the standard stations don't get overwhelming? Most of it is on the weaving table which doesn't have much anyway, but let me know if anyone would prefer a Firefly-specific crafting table.

<edit> So, what I see as left (including all the suggestions I've found):
    • Wash's outfit
    • Tier all weapons
    • Spacesuits
    • Bountyhunter
    • Opperative + Sword
    • Jaynestown statue
    • Lassiter furniture
    • Possible Firefly-specific crafting table
    Spawners and the Mule are being addressed in separate mods, and the dinos are furniture on DeadSquirrel's Firefly already.

Anything I've missed? This should keep me busy for a few days.... :geek:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  9. therejeck

therejeck Intergalactic Tourist

i would really like to see the table with the missed matched chairs, maybe even the couches in the kitchen area. :)

10. kittentamer

Good idea! I can't promise how soon they'll come, I'm slowing myself down cause I over-did it the first week or so working on this mod, but I'll add them to my list! As always, if someone else wants to submit things, I can add them. If you even get the sprites part done, I can do the file editing or vice versa.

11. kittentamer

The next release will include the Jayne's Town statue, the Lassiter display and tiered versions of Mal, Zoe and Rivers' weapons. Unfortunately, that will be delayed while I figure out how to install linux as a dual boot with Windows 8, because apparently it won't let me disable sharing which is on by default and it won't let me change names/delete/move files and folders because they are "in use" by the file sharing. >.>

Why do computers come with this by default? So arrgh right now.

<edit> Well, that was a bust. Apparently pre-installed Windows 8 computers make it nearly impossible to install another OS. Attempting to messed up my Win8 install and I had to restore to factory defaults. *sigh* Luckily I backed up most of my stuff and I turned off that darn sharing thing, so hopefully I won't have that problem again. Now to save money for a desktop computer without Windows on it...but by tonight I'll be working on this mod again.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  12. nicaroso

Ok, so i had gotten a couple ideas from friends of mine. Interested to see if they could be done. One, was the sort of brain scrambler that simon used in the beginning of the movie, serenity. Maybe Jayne's rain stick as a re-textured instrument. Just extra little tid-bits here and there, ill pop back on occasionally with other ideas. Just ideas.

13. nicaroso

Aaaaaaand got another idea, but this one is for me. Im gonna look at other mods, and the starbound files, but im gonna try and make a boss battle for fighting a reaver ship (Think of it working like fighting the ufo) I will probs have it done in about a week, give or take. Ill keep y'all posted :p

kittentamer likes this.
  14. nicaroso

So, the task of making a working sprite is done, now all's I need is to gorram code in the fight.

Attached Files:

15. kittentamer

Very nice! I look forward to seeing the mod. Once you release it, I'll add it to the links on the page for this mod!

16. kittentamer

kittentamer updated Firefly's Big Box of Loot Collaboration! with a new update entry:

Statues!

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Medivhus

Medivhus Space Hobo

Hi, i cant find the CaptainĀ“s Pistol, only the banged up Version, everything else, like Shiny Vera, is there.
    Anyone knows how to fix that?

18. kittentamer

I made it so they release in tiers rather then flooding your crafting table all at once. Since you had the previous releases, Vera is unlocked rather then updated to needing to be unlocked. If you are higher tier already, you might have to recraft your tiering items to re-unlock the blueprints, or it might be as simple as picking up and setting back down the metalwork table. Modding isn't perfect. =P

I might make them all unlocked and a Firefly-specific crafting table so they won't clog the other tables, but I haven't finished that yet.

19. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

I've encountered a problem here... The zoeriflelegendary.recipe has its output set to zoerifle, which doesn't exist. Similarly, the malpistollegendary.recipe file is set to output "malpistol", which also doesn't exist. Also, the Strange Branch has as its requirements "Perfectly Generic Item". Checking the log, I think it's because the recipe is looking for "ceriliumbar" which doesn't actually exist; as I found myself when I was experimenting, it has to be "Ceruliumbar" with a capital C. The Standard and Fine-Tuned Captain's Pistols are also showing requirements as "Perfectly Generic Item". Referring back to the log, it's looking for "rubiumbar" and "feroziumbar" items and not finding them. I capitalised those recipes, and problem gone. Bunch of the Reaver weapons have similar errors.

20. kittentamer

I thought I'd fixed the rifle and pistol recipes, but I guess I zipped too quick! As for the Celiriium, I think I fixed it to celirium because I noticed in starbound.log it takes time out to correct from uppercase to lowercase things like that. I guess a minor error with the source files means we need to continue it. lol. I'll go through and fix those and re-release shortly. Thanks for filling me in!