First Impressions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Combaticus, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Combaticus

Combaticus Orbital Explorer

Everything is wicked smooth, just polished beyond belief. Controls are very responsive, menus are pretty simple to navigate, nothing as far as the UI seems to be getting in the way or working against you. My ONLY gripe so far is the limited inventory lol. But I can deal with that. :)

I've only played to the powering on of the Reactor, so I'm still pretty early in. But so far, just color me impressed! The art work is on point, its a pixel style, and it still gives you that survival horror type atmosphere. The music... Ok, so I listened to the preview on the blog and wasn't exactly a fan. But that really doesn't do it justice. It almost has a Parasite Eve kind of vibe to it in my opinion, which I really like. I guess my issue was that I couldn't really put context into it. I'm interested in how the story will unfold, I love the hub style thing that is going on. And let me tell you, at this point the game is worth every penny. I am loving it. I would have bought it if it was on some backwards ass release mark up. The price point is great. Happy to say I am a day one player!

Finn Learson likes this.
    • Seminus

Seminus Halfway Developer Developer

Awesome! really happy to hear you are enjoying yourself :D

• Nepomuk

Nepomuk Space Hobo

The game is simply beautiful! From the nice ambient music in the menu and game to the graphics, everything really comes together quite nice and builds up a fantastic atmosphere. The intro to the game reminds me of Alien and it really sets the right mood to the game.

The UI is simple, easy to use and really nice to look at. I still have to figure out the exact functions of all the different options for the different characters. But I reckon I'll get the hang of it the more I play the game.

I had some issues when firing the game up for the first time. But after manually editing the configuration file everything runs smooths and beautiful now. The game works flawlessly on Archlinux 64-bit on my desktop computer (Intel quad-core & nVidia graphics) as well as my little 11” laptop with AMD dual-core, integrated GPU and the open source driver.

• Seminus

Seminus Halfway Developer Developer

ha good to hear that it runs with Archlinux :) Thx for sharing

• unstoppableCarl

unstoppableCarl Space Hobo

I have been very eagerly awaiting the release of halfway. I have not completed the game but played it for about 8ish missions. The story and graphics are great I am very impressed with it!