Modding Help Fish Pond

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Eubner, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Eubner

Eubner Void-Bound Voyager

Hello...!!! This is my first time doing this... Could a kind person help me to edit the FishPondData.xnb, I would do it myself but the program that I have doesn't work with the new files, I'm not a programmer, so the only program that I use is a pack and unpacked file, I just wanna edit the "Coral" production, instead of produce Dolomite and Limestone, just produce "Coral" nothing more, that's all... please, I hope someone help me and understand me...Thank you... and have a nice day/night...

Attached Files:

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Eubner

I saw the link and I didn't understand... I'm not a programmer... I don't even know how to use the Content Patcher... or even creative one... :'(

• Wingyl

I think it'd be a good idea for you to go to the Stardew Valley discord and ask for help there in how to use Content Patcher to edit fish ponds; what you're attempting cannot be done with XNB modding but is pretty much trivial with Content Patcher, but a forum is not a good place for asking lots of questions about how to use Content Patcher.

https://discord.gg/qvCGq5

Invite link straight to the Modding channel. Expires in 24 hours.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2020
          Eubner likes this.
        • Eubner

Now I see this all of this is useless... I don't even know how to use Discord... thank you anyway... and sorry for bother you...

• Wingyl

Don't give up! Discord is really simple and you can use a guest account if you want.

• Wingyl

Your Content Patcher pack will probably look somethign like this:
              {
              "Format": "1.11.0",
              "Changes": [
              {
              "Action": "EditData",
              "Target": "Data/FishPondData",
              "Fields": {Coral}
              [the coral data goes here, I don't know that it looks like]
              }

That's it that's your entire content.json; just fill in the blank. Then it just needs a manifest.json, which has a fill-in-the-blanks version here: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Modder_Guide/APIs/Manifest and those go in a folder in your game folder. And done. No need to repack or anything.

Eubner likes this.
              • Eubner

Thank you so much for your help and patience, but still I don't understand what to do or what programs do I need to do it, it's okay... I guess I'll wait to see if someone update the repacking program that I use... Thank you again... and have a nice day/night and take care...!!! :3

• Wingyl

You use a text editor, any text editor, and save it as a .json. No compiling or anything needed, it's just .json files.

ETA: Then you put the content.json and the manifest.json in a folder of any name you like that doesn't start with two dots, and you put that folder in your Mods folder.

All mods using up-to-date formats just go in your mods folder; if you don't have a mods folder install SMAPI, which comes with an installer that you run which handles every bit of the installation except setting the optional steam launch options for you if you use those, and it provides the entire launch option string to paste in.