Fishing Mini-Game!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cassie, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Cassie

Cassie Phantasmal Quasar

So talking about the new update (10) that the wonderful CA posted for us yesterday~
    I'm curious about the mini-game and how it'll work.

How the game works from what I gathered: to catch the bigger fish you have to keep the little fish icon in the green box that is moving on the left side while the green bar on the right goes up, if you miss and don't keep the fish in the box, then the time bar will shoot down and you'll have to catch it and raise it back up or lose the fish! If you miss the box and possibly take longer to fish, then the fish will be of smaller size.
    Which is why CA said that it would require a bit of skill to succeed at ;)

I'm not sure how you would keep the fish in the box though, maybe with your mouse or pressing a button?

What do you guys think? :D

Also, off topic but still in update 10 did anyone else notice the golden-ish cow in the grass too?
    [​IMG]

Pixelator3000 and Flowless like this.
    • Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is the Cowambo! It will squirt exploding milk at you. D=

Flowless, Evangelion and Cassie like this.
      • oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Ninja cow!

Pixelator3000 and Cassie like this.
        • Cassie

Cassie Phantasmal Quasar

Oh noes!
          Not the milk!

• Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm guessing applying pressure to the line by holding a mouse button will cause the slider to head upstream. If the fish thugs at the line, you will presumably need to reduce pressure (unclick), by letting the slider drop. At harder difficulty settings, fishes would act more aggressively like a tug of war and maintaining the fish icon in the middle would be key! The long bar on the right is probably the distance between the fish and fully reeling it in! :)

Flowless and Cassie like this.
            • Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

This game is going to be unique, that's for sure.

Cassie likes this.
              • Cassie

Cassie Phantasmal Quasar

Oh!
                That method sounds fun too!

I agree Voy, it's defiantly going to be unique.
                I will be gone from the world more than I already am once it's out.

• Flowless

Flowless Void-Bound Voyager

When I saw how nice the fishing interface was looking, I was wondering if we could expect a fish breeding type mechanic. At least in a way where we could have a small pond where we can keep fish until we decide to sell them, and if we feed them every now and then, they could grow bigger and yield more money when sold? I remember there was a mechanic like this in Harvest Moon Back to Nature on the PSX.

Breeding seems a bit much, now that I look at it typed out, but I think a pond to store fish and raise them to get a little bigger would be interesting.

• Cassie

Cassie Phantasmal Quasar

That would be neat but I'd really only see a pond as a place to store fish for maybe like decoration? Like prized fish could go into a pond, salt water fish obviously would not. c:

• Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not sure how it will work, but it looks like a lot of fun! This recent update was great, and I don't mind the frequency of updates at all. You've got my support Concerned Ape, and I can't wait to preorder the game should it be in the cards. Also, love that cow! He's just blending in...doesn't want any trouble. ;)

Cassie likes this.
                      • Cassie

Cassie Phantasmal Quasar

Isn't he?
                        He's so chill, just sitting there eating his grass.
                        He doesn't want any trouble of the spotlight being on him!

Ninja cow.

• Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

I shall have ninja cow as my pet! :)

• Cassie

Cassie Phantasmal Quasar

I second this!