Modding Help Fixing nonhumanoid species' portraits - at wit's end

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DraikNova, Mar 28, 2018.

1. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

So, I've been making a non-humanoid race. This particular race has a wider head than average. This results in the character portrait at the top-left of the screen breaking: part of the head is overlapped by both the edge of the portrait's box as well as the end of the health bar. While I can fix the edge of the portrait's box, the healthbar is harder to solve: normally, I would just move the healthbar a couple of pixels to the right, but I am unable to find any file governing the position of the healthbar, not even so much as a .frames file; adding a .frames file myself does not appear to do anything.

So, does anyone know any way to fix this?

EDIT: Ok, I found out how to move around the health and energy bars; the windowconfigs folder has teambar.config, which can be patched. I am still going to leave this thread open in case anyone knows a more elegant way to handle this.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

interface\windowconfig\teambar.config has the info for it. based on the window textures, you will also have to edit the texture at interface\party\playerbar.png to accommodate for the extra distance added