Flash Sprite Animator

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Ainn, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ainn

Ainn Void-Bound Voyager

HEY, PEOPLE!

I'm a hobbyist Sprite Animator, and I've been searching the forums and my unpacked Starbound content--
    Where the heck would I find tilesets? Ground sprites? Th parallax backgrounds for all the biomes?

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology... I'm specifically looking for the ground tiles for all biomes / planets / worlds in PNG format-- or perhaps there's a tool I need to open .TERRAIN files if all the world blocks are inside of those files? Are the blocks and the parallax sprites on the Internet somewhere?

I located the player sprites online, then I took a screenshot for my color palette in order to start spriting my character onto the human base...

While I wait for an answer, I wanted to bring forth a program I use to sprite. It's... kind of different to get used to, but the functionality is great. It's called ASEprite, and all the versions prior to 1.0.0 are free. I'm using 0.9.5, and I've got to say, buying the updated version of this software is a pretty good idea. At the time of writing this post, it's $10 which is very inexpensive.

2. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The block tilesets are located in the 'tiles' folder in your assets. I'm not sure about biome parallax though.

3. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Greeting. Welcome to the Forum. ^^ (sorry I can't help you :/)

4. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

Greetings.

5. DarkAndStormyKnight

DarkAndStormyKnight The End of Time

6. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if I welcome or... (This is a support request or app advertising?)

Oh, well. Welcome!

7. penguinoverlord

penguinoverlord Subatomic Cosmonaut

Welcome. It appears you have reached the milky-way galaxy.

8. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

It's all three! Even better!

HI-MAX² likes this.
  9. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Welcome! I can't help with that, unfortunately. I barely know how to find the different projectiles :V

10. Ainn

Ainn Void-Bound Voyager

Well, the app isn't mine so I hope it's not a bad thing... :X Thanks for all the responses! I'm a little curious in finding other animators just to see if there are any lol.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I got help to find said sprites, but thanks anyway!

HI-MAX² likes this.
  11. zoklyinkling

zoklyinkling Void-Bound Voyager

I'm so confused... you know what Im just not even gonna ask my brain hurts. Imma hit the sack.

12. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@zoklyinkling Necro posts are only allowed if the topic is still relevant and you remain on topic. This is an intro thread that hasn't been posted in for 6 years. Going to lock it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.