1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Fliberdoodian Mod ALPHA 0.4

Become a once powerful race, that was thought to be extinct...

1. fliberdoodle

fliberdoodle Void-Bound Voyager

fliberdoodle submitted a new mod:

Fliberdoodian Mod - Become a once powerful race, that was thought to be extinct...

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

You really shouldn't have posted this mod in the mod repository yet. You should have posted in Modding Help first and developed the body sprites to at least an acceptable if imperfect level.

3. fliberdoodle

Right, sorry, I wasn't exactly thinking very much...

4. Pixelguru26

Pixelguru26 Pangalactic Porcupine

If nothing else, it caught my attention. I'm going to try to work on the playability / functionality for now and I might be able to get in some of the sprites, but I don't know how much I'll actually be able to do with school coming next week.

5. fliberdoodle

It's fine, I can just run off of the current sprites I have right now, currently I have most of the stuff complete for ALPHA 0.2, including name generator and the character menu addition automatically. Oh, and if you're going to make the sprites, I want the fliberdoodian sprite to look like it stays low to the ground and will jump extremely high, when he's idle, I had the imagination of them couching down. Their charcoal skin makes them extremely effective in cold environments, and die much easier in warmer environments(Basically, in warmer environments they spontaneously combust because of their charcoal skin). But with this mod I hoped to change many things in the game for the better, and adding lots of techs. Really, as of right now, I just need sprites and someone to fix the playability. I've been looking into it and comparing it with the Avali mod(Which explains the fliberdoodian's ship{if you can get it to work long enough to see the ship}), this mod plans to change the Avali starting cinematic(Making a specific version of the Avali mod required, making the other Triage version incompatible.), Human cinematic, Apex cinematic, and Avian cinematic to fit the lore of the fliberdoodians(This means that I will also change the open quest tech for those as well.)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  6. fliberdoodle

7. fliberdoodle

8. fliberdoodle

9. Pixelguru26

I do believe we're running different versions of Starbound. I've got it playable for Pleased Giraffe (no huge sprite additions yet), is there another version you'd rather I be working with? Oh, quick note: your version of the mod is currently impossible to download, Dropbox says the file cannot be found.

Attached Files:

10. fliberdoodle

I made it for Pleased Giraffe Update 4. And thanks for the heads up. Oh, and Pixelguru26, I'm adding you to the "thanks" section of the mod options. I also did see what you did to make it playable. I am kinda new to mod making for Starbound, so I skimmed over other mod files to see what I could do, and I came up with this mod.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  11. fliberdoodle

fliberdoodle updated Fliberdoodian Mod with a new update entry:

Look, Ma! I Can Play it Now!

Thanks Pixel.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  12. fliberdoodle

If anyone can, I'll also need an AI type, like the humans, being just a normal holographic version of that species, but the Fliberdoodians use M.A.R.A.H. as their opperating system. I made S.T.A.N.L.Y. because I didn't have the resources to make a female version.

13. Pixelguru26

I can handle the AI, but I'll need some concept art of some sort to work from.

14. fliberdoodle

Well, basically, I just need the Human AI but a female version, and a squid-like mouth on the face. And tentacles that'll all fold up for error messages and stuff like that. And no eyes for the AI, please.

15. Pixelguru26

Does one of these look okay?
    fliberdoodian AI concept-1.png
    or do you have something else in mind?

16. fliberdoodle

No, that's a great design, I like it, but the arms(I forgot to put that in the description), but a circular mouth, that takes up the whole face, with four tentacles that wrap around the head(when open) and group up into the mouth(when closed/ship broken).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  17. fliberdoodle

18. fliberdoodle

[​IMG]
    That's as close as I could get to making a minecraft skin of it. I'm not entirely sure how to get pencil art on the PC. Well, that's sort of the species as a whole. The AI will be blue instead of colored... but still. The blue tipped metal things is an exo-suit that the Fliberdoodians developed, I was thinking it being available as one of the base aesthetic armours your character can start with.

19. Pixelguru26

Do you still want the lines that are on the human ai?
    Oh, and what about arms? the human ai has none, but I just wanted to be sure before I draw up a bunch of useless sprites.

20. fliberdoodle

I wanted the arms to be spread out and crouched down style, and the lines can go, I don't much care though. And I want to thank you again, for helping me with this.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015