1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Fluffalo won't grow up.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Palicence, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

So I am building a farm for all fluffalo, but strangely enough the normal fluffaloes wont grow up. I am curious why.

The Grown Fluffalo.

Grown up.jpg

The Fluffalo That wont grow up.

Won't grow up.jpg

2. Darkspinesupersonic8

Darkspinesupersonic8 Pangalactic Porcupine

Random shot in the dark here but maybe normal fluffalo have a different dimension/size of sprite than their counterparts? I haven't seen them in a while but maybe it's horns.

Sorry if this doesn't help, just shooting a suggestion out there. If you wanna try I'd see what happens if you remove the top platforms, or the middle wall in your picture there just to see what happens.

3. Palicence

As soon as I removed the middle wall one of them grew up, so thank you although this does provide a problem for me but I will figure it out.

4. Darkspinesupersonic8

I'm glad I was able to help!

I'm sure by now you've figured it out, though I suspect normal buffalo might be bigger than the elemental ones. Maybe try making the same design but normal buffalo have bigger 'pens'? I'd try it myself but im not really playing SB atm.

5. Palicence

I just left it open for them to roam since the normal one are of no consequence. Although for some reason it filled up with water.

6. Darkspinesupersonic8

Yikes. Might've rained while you were in the 'base' or area, perhaps that bug where if the roof of the area isn't rendered, rain ignores it and falls through, causing water to generate.

Perhaps get a few 'drain' furniture objects if it becomes a reoccurring issue?

7. Dastot

Dastot Void-Bound Voyager

I used to have this problem with free-roaming fluffalos and chicken. A workaround was to pick up the young fluffalos/chicken with a relocator and release them. This seemed to reset something and they grew up shortly after that.

8. redxlaser15

redxlaser15 Big Damn Hero

Ya, probably that rain bug. I've encountered it a few times, although weirdly only underground by chance. I suppose that might partially have to do with the fact that I don't usually have too tall of buildings.
    Although removing the back wall for me doesn't work. Maybe because my muffalo are on my ship? I like to centralize a lot of my stuff instead of teleporting to other locations a bunch.

9. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had the same problem a while ago, it look like when they have not enough place or there's too many flufaloo around they don't grow up(same for chicken). using the relocator to put them in a "grow pen" before putting them with the other is a good solution

10. Palicence

But when you relocate a Fluffalo it no longer produces the material it's supposed to, it just kind of sits around being useless.

11. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

...I've absolutely not had that problem. I've moved my Fluffalo around, from ship to planetside ranch, and back into the ranch when they occasionally get out of the pen (sometimes they get close to a door and the nearby NPC accidentally lets one slip), but they continue to produce whatever at a steady pace.

12. redxlaser15

Ah, figured it out. They were slightly too cramped on the sides of them. Technically that shouldn't be a thing since the babies SHOULD be able to climb up a block or two. Basically, some of the lower patches of ground were where my fluffalo were, and where the face terrain rose was much more open, but the fluffalo simply wouldn't move.
    BTW, I've never seen that problem you have palicence, I've had to transport my animals several times from the door so they didn't get out (They seem to like my door as a scratching post or something)

13. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

I have never had one produce when I relocate it.
    I now have an entire herd of both regular and special Fluffalo hanging outside my 'complex' doing nothing. I needed to do something with them so my producing ones had a space, so I threw them out.

14. redxlaser15

Weird, the only bugs I usually run into are rare crashes when trying to buy bars of metal from that bear dude (For some reason) and rain inside buildings. One time I thought they weren't producing, but it just took a while. I'm not saying your impatient, but there does seem to be some sort of randomness to it. It once took FOREVER for one of them to produce anything. At least chickens don't seem to bug out.
    (BTW, I like doctor who also)

15. Kashmir

My producing livestock produce about every 30-45 minutes. These are at day 5 and haven't produced anything.

16. redxlaser15

Well that is odd, if you want to on the starbound wiki it says the whole list of known bugs. I think there might be like, at least 50 possible? Lots of them don't always happen but your problem is very possibly one of those. I think the next update should be focused on only fixing the massive amount of glitches and bugs. Of course some aren't too bad, just simple annoying ones.
    The best thing I could think of to help with your predicament is to just buy new livestock, not much else to say. If you have any mods installed mid-game it is not uncommon they give strange issues on seeming irrelevant things.

17. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Doesn't basically EVERY update address various bugs? And that's only the stuff they can verify and replicate. If they can't do that, addressing them is... well... not really possible.

18. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I had some that took a very long time to produce or even grow up the first time. I had to stay in that area and actually keep it loaded for a long time to actually fix it.

19. Kashmir

I'm not too concerned since it evens out. Every time I buy and hatch an egg, I end up with twins.