Fog of War Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harken, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Harken

Harken Void-Bound Voyager

I am going to assume this will be a feature, though I have not seen mention of it anywhere.

I have a few questions regarding it being implemented however.

1. Will units have individual vision range values? Purchasing a unit based on its ability to scout and provide vision adds more strategy.

2. Will certain weather conditions affect vision? An example would be the Balloons vision being more heavily impacted during rain, as opposed to the dogs which could remain unhindered.

3. Will terrain tiles affect not only your units, but also your opponents vision? An example would be Archers becoming hidden if they stay on a forest tile, or be granted extra vision if they stay on a Hill tile.

These were all elements that were part of Advance Wars, but I feel they could be expanded upon and made even more fun and interesting in Wargroove.

OfficialP3 likes this.
    • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I remember in one of the gameplay videos they mentioned that there would be fog of war. So I take that as confirmation that it'll be in the game. As far the other stuff, it would definitely be cool but I don't recall ever hearing anything. It would certainly add a lot to the game if they were implemented.

• Hattori_Hanzo

Hattori_Hanzo Aquatic Astronaut

I see it in a video, as a dog unit advances the fog edge around it advances.

• OfficialP3

OfficialP3 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi :)

1. Yes! Dogs have the largest vision range and can therefore be used as scouts!

2. Yes! Rain will effect the vision range!

3. Yes! You can actually hide in the forest and behind mountains.

All this info was taken from the Wargroove stream and doesn't have to be 100% accurate since I've wrote it down from memory. But I am pretty sure that's how it is. You can rewatch the stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/chucklefishlive/v/368674808?sr=a&t=48s