1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Food Rot Dots 1.3

Quickly find your oldest food; rot times are shown on the inventory icons for consumable items.

1. Alocer

Alocer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alocer submitted a new mod:

Rot Inventory Icons - Displays rot times on the inventory icons for default food and drink items.

Read more about this mod...

2. Serialneo

Serialneo Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you so much I was trying to understand how to create a mod just for made something like this. Well you did it first. That's one of the bigger QOL improvement absolutely indispensable. Again thank you

3. Alocer

You're welcome! I got tired of checking 50 tooltips for my oldest food every single time I had to eat, I just had to do something about it.

4. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Void-Bound Voyager

Can't seem to download it from the external link =\
    Just gives me a ton of pop up ads and trick download links when I try to get it.

5. Alocer

It was way past my usual bedtime when I posted this and I mistakenly thought that this site only allowed .pak file uploads, but I've zipped the .pak file now and re-uploaded it.

6. Alocer

7. Cirom

Cirom Cosmic Narwhal

This is super sweet! ;o Although, would it be possible to have an optional colourblind-friendly version? The current colours are... really similar. (As for recommendations, I'd say use [Dark Red, Bright Yellow, Blue and White] for the colours, from 5m- to 1h+ respectively.)

8. Alocer

One of my early design decisions was trying to pick colors that matched the default descriptions and visual style that the game uses. The colors I've used are very close to the tooltip colors used in game. The way the mod works is by adding 4 new inventory icons for each existing item that can rot, so I spent the majority of a day making 844 (211 items X 4 icons) images. I did think about colorblind users while making it and I was really hoping that my colors would've been "good enough" since that's what the game is using. I'm sad to hear that isn't the case, but for me to make a colorblind friendly version I'd have to remake at least half of the icons. While I won't say it'll never happen, I'll have to do some research first.

If you're feeling ambitious, the Tutorial section of my mod has all the information you'd need to do this yourself!

9. Kagea

Kagea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there :) I got an Error message with the new Version while making Thorn Juice. When I restart the game the thorn Juice does not have the dot and when I consume it or wait a few seconds the error Messages appears again. I didn't have this bug with the last version.
    [​IMG]

10. Old_dog

Old_dog Space Hobo

Also after it gives that error and you remove the mod, some food icons are missing.

edit: but if you consume them and make new food, those which previously had missing icons will have their icons back.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  11. Kagea

Kagea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Old_dog I put in the old 1.0 file so my game works right now as intended.

12. Alocer

13. Alocer

Yeah, my mod replaces inventory icons, so when you remove the mod any existing items will lose their icons. There's no way to just add new layers on top of graphics, so uninstalling the mod removes those file references. I'll make a note of this on the main page.

14. Alocer

Thanks for the report, I somehow completely missed all Tier 3 food when I was making my 1.1 update.

15. Alocer

I've been thinking about this since your post, and I've decided that I should fix this for color blind players. I'm going to start with blue, and I might add a second or third color later. Any opinions on pink vs. grey? Looking at color blindness examples, it seems pink just looks grey anyways? I wanted to avoid white because then you lose the visual cue on the tooltip since the rest of the text is white.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  16. Alocer

nihiven likes this.
  17. nihiven

nihiven Void-Bound Voyager

Great QOL mod. I'm going to use it.

18. Alocer

Alocer updated Food Rot Dots with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Cirom

Cirom Cosmic Narwhal

Pink and grey look VERY similar, I would avoid using both. (Of course, using just one - so there's nothing to confuse it with - is always fine.)

Either way, looks like the colourblind version colours in the OP are very hard to get confused, so I'll have to pick it up when I'm back at my home PC ;D

20. Alocer

I pretty much followed your suggestion on the color order, just changing out white for grey. If you try it and it doesn't work so great then let me know.