1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Forced Window Resize

Discussion in 'Support' started by Iomega0318, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

So I went about to start my game tonight I set it to Windowed Mode because I'm on my laptop and wanted to watch some YouTube while playing SDV and sadly I realized that the SDV Window is set to a minimum size and cannot be changed :(
    (Side note: I've only ever played on full screen.)

So after figuring that out and annoyed that it wouldn't let me resize it no matter what I set out on a quest, I have now figured out 2 ways of forcing this dang window to a size of my choosing, however and now the second problem arises..

When the window is resized the cursor within the game is then offset relative to the bottom right corner of the screen, so for example as you move your cursor in SDV from the center to the right of the window, your Windows cursor then shows up before actually "exiting" SDV, this results it what appears to be "two" cursors moving on your screen (SDV and Windows), however when your Windows cursor is visible anything you click uses said cursor indicating that it has already "left" the SDV window even though it doesn't appear so.

Other that the cursor issue, all the other aspects within the game seem to scale fine with the window resizing. It's just the cursor that's still thinking the window is larger it seems.. but as long as the cursor bug still evades me I can't actually play around with the rest of the game in this new size..

Also sorry if that's a bit confusing but if you need more explanation just ask or I will see if I can get a video of what I am talking about recorded.

So any suggestions or ideas, or perhaps someone who knows more than me about this are welcome to chime in.

Thank you for your time.

**EDIT**
    On another side note, thinking more about it this may not be fixable since the window size is hard-coded into the game file then the cursor x,y positioning is probably coded in as well.. which would suck.. bleh CA!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016