RELEASED Forest Friend Horse Replacement

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Renisil, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Renisil

Renisil Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello Everyone!
    This took about a night of work, most of it was flailing around figuring out the whole... xnb thing. But here we are! Now, meet your new steed.

A brilliant Stag from the Secret Woods just north of the Wizards tower. After days of entering the forest to gather hardwood for your farm, this creature has become accustomed to your presence and- once you build your stable- he decides to make his home there with you, allowing you to ride him throughout the valley!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Download Here
    Simply download that, find your Stardew Valley Content folder and stick this in the 'animals' section.
    If enough people want it, I might make a non saddled version.
    I also want to thank Aternova, because without her beautiful dragon models I would've been flailing around a lot more trying to figure out a good walk cycle for him!

• Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Aww :3 is it supposed to be a reindeer of sorts?

• Renisil

Haha a deer or stag in general!

• Hirix

Hirix Void-Bound Voyager

Its cute, I will use this for when I next play.Everyone should give this a try, Renisil has talent :)

• galford165

galford165 Void-Bound Voyager

thats actually quiet good. Thumbs up for your work!

• yeaimemi

yeaimemi Space Spelunker

That's amazing! Beautiful work! :D

• Spudli

Spudli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I decided to give him a more boopable nose to make him more reindeer like :V
                [​IMG]
                [​IMG]

• Skipper Scootaloo

Skipper Scootaloo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is so cute! If I wasn't using Epona by Zhuria I would use this. But I will reccomend it to my girlfriend who also plays SV! :D

Zhuria likes this.
                  • Renisil

Haha bit more moosey- Super cute.

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would you mind putting this into the Pets/Horses mod section? I am going back through several pages in this General Discussion-like area in order to find mods I missed. Would have totally missed this one otherwise. The other page would make it easier for me and others to find :) Missing this one completely would have been sad as it is so cute!

miryuo likes this.
                      • miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

really cute version of this! can you upload it somewhere and link here?

@Renisil really love your forest friend, pretty adorable! and yes please post it in the pets/horses subforum as suggested, it'll dissappear very quickly here.

• Renisil

Aye go right ahead! I'll possibly be making some more changes to this after I get back from vacation.
                          I'll likley be making a unsaddled version and refinging the sprite a bit more
                          I've also got some plans for some more pet resprites!

• SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

I like it it is really nice looking

• Spudli

Spudli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have yet to see him in action since I don't have a stable right now.
                              Download

miryuo likes this.
                              • miryuo

thanks, I'll try it out once i have a stable.. still collecting hardwood. :zzz: --> it's cool but needs fixing.. sent you a pm

-- @Renisil: you can just make a thread there when you get, no rush ^^ can't wait to see what else you got planned! enjoy your vacation. oh and add the gifs from your other thread to the new one, they were cute!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
                                • miryuo

using the forest friend now, really enjoying it ^^.

• Jadezaera

Jadezaera Void-Bound Voyager

hi! I was wondering if you've had the mod not interact well with other mods, or glitch under certain circumstances? I've just downloaded it and put it into my game, and now the carpenter shop wont let me select the stable, and my game crashes when i try. I've removed the mod it and tried to make a stable with just the regular horse, but the glitch still persists. Please, any help you might have to offer would be greatly appreciated.

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I think you're only allowed one stable. Do you already have one in that save?

I would try the following:

Remove the mod, start your game and then buy/place your ONLY stable with the default horse and Save. Then, exit the game, put the mod back, and load up your save.

• Jadezaera

Jadezaera Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for replying! No, I didn't have a stable when I put in the mod - I was planning to build one when I found this mod, and it looked so cute I thought I'd give it a try with my first horse. I'll fiddle with my game some more and see if doing something what you suggested will help. Thanks again for being so kind!

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                                        • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I hope it works out for you ^_^