1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Four techs at once! - Ultratech

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by SuperMandrew, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Aknis

Aknis Aquatic Astronaut

Yes, I am closing everything but steam when I modify the files. When I make a new character, there are no techs listed at the Tech Station.

Edit: hmm... this is kind of silly of me. Several days ago I installed Starloader to manage mods, and it seems that a version of ultratech had accidentally been installed in its personal mod folder. On a whim I opened it up and found that file. Deleting it seems to have fixed the problem. I don't really know why.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    SuperMandrew likes this.
  2. Lightningy

Lightningy Void-Bound Voyager

Error: Error loading player file, ignoring! AssetException: Could not read variant value /player.config:bottomOfWorldTouchMargin
    caused by: VariantException: No such key in Variant::get("bottomOfWorldTouchMargin") in query("bottomOfWorldTouchMargin"

i am getting this when i installed

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  3. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew Cosmic Narwhal

Did the download come with a player.config file? If so, did you replace your existing one with the new one? I had forgotten that I had included a player.config file in my download, and it's outdated now due to updates.

4. SuperMandrew

I'll need a bit more time- final on Monday that I need to prepare for, sorry!

5. Shasow

Shasow Space Spelunker

"This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later." I can't download the file?

6. Lightningy

thank you supermandrew, i do think that is the problem, how do i fix it? do i just wait for you to update it?

7. SuperMandrew

Try this link, the Starbound attachments can be wonky sometimes:
    http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/47596206/file.html

I'm sending you a PM with a link to a fixed player.config file, and I've removed the bad one from the links/attachments. Thanks for the catch!

8. Lightningy

thank you for the swift reply

9. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

Found a bug - using this in multi on your server, and other people get kicked out when they're in the same world as you, how do I completely delete the file now? I tried placing my original player config and deleting ultratech folder, but it still crashes when I press singleplayer to see if all's good.

10. SuperMandrew

Did you remove the tech off your character before replacing the original player.config/deleting the ultratech folder?

I'm betting the problem is that the character still has the tech equipped, so the game is looking to see where the tech can be loaded since it's equipped, but then it dies because it can't find it. Try putting installing ultratech again, removing the tech, and then uninstalling. Let me know if that fixes it.

11. kik4444

Yeah it worked perfectly now. But this has to be fixed, cause I really want to play in multi, and not everyone has this mod.

12. SuperMandrew

That's not something I can fix, I'm afraid. That's an underlying thing of the way mods currently work in the game- if not everyone has the resource, then it's not compatible in multiplayer (except for some items, which will just appear as a generic item).

The best we can hope for is that multiplayer servers can have mods installed and that people without the mod can join the server and only use the mod on that server. Unfortunately modding+multiplayer will always have complications.

13. kik4444

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I have a modded and much larger ship for my character, but a friend from a different race and a normal ship can't see some of the textures.

14. ToaRex

ToaRex Void-Bound Voyager

might i ask what game version this mod is for?

15. Lightningy

may i leave a request. could you replace the pulse jump with rocket jump. or is there a compatibility issue with doing that?

16. SuperMandrew

This may be used in the most current version, but you'll have to choose how to install it yourself (eg, adding a line to player.config)

Actually I could probably just add in rocket jump and leave pulse jump in. Right I've had a request to replace bubble boost with the gravity bubble, I'll do both these requests later on in the week after some finals.

17. ToaRex

so would the mods folder work or no (sorry bit new at modding)

18. Lightningy

thank you

19. SuperMandrew

Yes, it would work for the tech files, but you'll need someway to get the tech into the game. Right now with just the mods folder, the tech would exist but you would have no way to get the item.

Actually, you can try just the mods folder and the tech may already be available from the tech station on the ship (not positive, but it might be).

20. ToaRex

k well i put the folder in the mods folder and.... my game seems to freeze on the loading screen