1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Frackin' Music 3.45

Add-On for FrackinUniverse & Vanilla. Adds 200+ new songs to biome playlists.

1. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

idk, I used to play minecraft a lot then they spammed that one song now it always plays in garden biomes

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated Frackin' Music with a new update entry:

Overhaul!

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Katiilein

Katiilein Orbital Explorer

Will this work with Pleased Giraffe or will it need to be updated for it?

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

hould work okay. if you, somehow, didn't notice...be sure to download the mod and THEN the linked file on the main page that fixes something.

i'll get the mod itself updated soon to incorporate the fix. It just didn't make much sense to force everyone to re-download 500 megs for a 5kb fix

5. M4ck

M4ck Void-Bound Voyager

Hi. I came back to Starbound a few days ago, and so far enjoy it greatly, but for some reason I cannot get the FM to work with FU. In most of new biomes there is either no music, or the few original tracks. I have installed FU, FM, and then the FM patch from its description. Any idea what could be wrong?

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

nothing at all is wrong. Its random chance between all the original game music, and FM music. Sometimes you just won't hear it as often. So long as it is installed in /mods/ in the proper way (/mods/file.modpack if modpack, /mods/Foldername/ if a non-modpack format) it's fine.

You'll hear the new music far more often on FU biomes, as they use less variety overall than the vanilla biomes

7. Rubytyr

Rubytyr Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way to disable or replace SB's default music tracks? Or a link that explains how to do so? (I tried to look around without much luck). Not really a huge fan of the original music, so it'd be nice to put it away for awhile, for the sake of the new tracks. :)

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

you could go through FM and simply open the biome files, and remove any and all of the default tracks. though personally, i think the experience would suffer without the original music.

Rubytyr likes this.
  9. Rubytyr

Rubytyr Void-Bound Voyager

I'll have to poke around a bit. It's well made music overall, but I always felt "something" was lacking from it - perhaps too calm? Lacks personality? Not sure how to describe it, heh.

That and variety is the spice of life, changing out the original stuff breaths some fresh life into it. :)

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I guess... Though I think saying it lacks character is almost insulting. The music in this game is astoundingly well done, balanced, EQd etc. Vibrant, and full of character as well. Stripping it out is robbing it of one of it's best features!

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

The mega.co link gives an "enter decryption key" message and not the file. :(

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

\well thats lame. ill check on that.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

Anyone know how to open or edit a .modpack file?
    If so how would I rip the music from this mod and listen to it?

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

17. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

That worked thanks for the link.

18. almedyl

almedyl Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi,
    I had an error:
    Code:
    Error: Could not load audio asset '/music/As-The-Phoenix-Rise.ogg', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/music/As-The-Phoenix-Rise.ogg'

19. almedyl

almedyl Pangalactic Porcupine

It's a typo error, the real song name is as-the-phoenix-rises.ogg

20. Learner

Learner Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well... it doesn't seem to be working now...

It loads up fine, sure... but I don't hear any of the music ever. Not even on a Penumbra world...

And I've tried the modpak version and a folder version too.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016