1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Frackin' Music 3.45

Add-On for FrackinUniverse & Vanilla. Adds 200+ new songs to biome playlists.

1. Maeko

Maeko Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks, I used an online converter and now it's on my phone.

2. SuncastingSorceress

SuncastingSorceress Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wasn't sure if this was possible until I tried it yesterday, hehe. Thanks for suggesting this though, it's a real life saver.

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

np!

4. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found that "artifical_intelligence" and "proto" are the same song: same WinAmp info, same sound at the same times, etc. Not sure whether that's an oversight, or if there's some weird code reason to have two instances of the same song. Thought it was worth mentioning: might be a missing song somewhere.

*swings bug net*

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

After being away from this game for four months and a few days, I'm wondering will this work in the unstable version of the game or is this only for stable build?

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

anything I release here-on out is Unstable/1.0. You're good to go with this mod either way, as it just patches in values to the song list.

8. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

so i can use this with 1.0?

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

YES. Honestly dude. lol.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So I found a few errors:

[17:05:35.559] [Error] Could not load audio asset '/biomes/surface/music/casiopeia.ogg', using placeholder default. (this file doesn't seem to exist in the music list at all, and the path seems to be wrong?)

[16:42:24.813] [Error] Could not load audio asset '/music/angels_sing.ogg', using placeholder default. (the file is actually called angels-sing)

EDIT: Found another one:

[12:30:48.837] [Error] Could not load audio asset '/biomes/surface/the-eternal-tide.ogg', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/biomes/surface/the-eternal-tide.ogg'

On a Tabula Rasa.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  11. aldasar

aldasar Void-Bound Voyager

How do I install this?

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Like another mod...

1). Click the "Download Now"
    2). Click "Clone or Download" (the green button)
    3). Click "Download ZIP"
    4). Wait for it to download (it's 500-600MB ) .
    5). When it opens, copy the folder and dump it into starbound\mods\.
    6). ???
    7). Done!

Just keep in mind that this does not entirely replace vanilla music, and you will still hear vanilla music.

13. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Loved this mod in the past, but any chance of uploading this one to Mega? Github gets a bit unreliable with larger downloads it seems, and the file is consistantly freezing around 220 of 667 MBs downloaded.

14. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

I really do like this mod, but if I had to complain about one of the songs, I'd complain about "the-irish-war.ogg". I dunno why, exactly, but it just doesn't seem to mesh like the other songs do.

Part of the issue might have been the time I was making a colony on an otherwise chill Eden planet, and this song kept playing nearly every night. >_> After looking through the biomes it was attached to, however, it just doesn't seem to match any of them. Maybe the Dark Arboreal biome, but I don't think I've actually visited one of those, yet.

15. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

When I install this, the new tracks work for the vanilla biomes but I never, ever hear them in the FU worlds, am I missing something here?

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no. for the hundred-trillionth time since people keep asking this same crap:

there are over 100 tunes in this mod. There are quite a few vanilla tracks too. Biomes load only one or two tracks from said list, ever, when they generate. Ergo, you are just as likely to pull a vanilla track as a FM track more often than not. It works perfectly well. Also bear in mind, some blend in so well you forget they even *are* frackin music tracks to start with. But yea, they work fine.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  17. LaughingAlex

I've had the mod installed for a long time(about a month or two) and I hadn't heard the new ones in FU specific planets......but I hear the new ones all the time on vanilla planets.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

welcome to RNG. All you had to do was look at the scripts to see, dude.

example:

https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/FrackinMusic/blob/master/biomes/surface/bog.biome.patch

note that it *adds* and does not *replace*. that means they appear in *addition* to the vanilla content

19. LaughingAlex

I know that, yet why is it I'm always hearing the same standard non-biome specific tracks on FU planets?

Edit: If the biome is a regular vanilla biome underground with a new music track added by frackin music, I do get frackin music tracks occasionally, I've seen this happen on an unknown planet in which I found an underground "forest" biome, which had the new forest biome tracks playing.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

well, all it is is a list ive added to, and there are no patch errors. its working. Nothing more to say on the matter, as far as I am concerned. If it works for vanilla, it works for FU ones too, as they use identical code.

That said: if you use other mods that patch FU biomes its entirely possible that they completely overwrite shit without realizing they did in the first place? Otherwise, there is nothing else that could cause an issue.