1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Frackin' Music 3.45

Add-On for FrackinUniverse & Vanilla. Adds 200+ new songs to biome playlists.

1. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Ahh alright. Sorry to cause any amount of stress to add to that, I would like to say that I very much enjoy your mods and all the effort you put into them. I've been following Frackin Universe off and on since it was just Frackin Flora, so it's pretty amazing to see it have come so far, and all the other cool stuff you've done besides. :)

I feel a bit like I'm back to square one though, since I don't get any Frackin Music tracks on server worlds even if I have the mod installed clientside. Do you think I'd have to include the patch files in the mod that adds music to planets to the server, and would doing so work properly if the music files themselves were not on the server? i.e. clients would need to have it installed to hear the music of course, but if the server was basically instructing the client to play the music tracks without the tracks being present on the server itself... would that work?

Uploading 500 mb to a remote server through FTP is not my internet's idea of a good time, lol... that's what I was confused about mainly, if it would be possible to make it less stressful on my connection by uploading only the absolutely necessary serverside files.

Honestly I don't even know if I'm going to use the mod at this time given that putting any of it on the server would likely result in any client without it installed(and I do know that some people I play with aren't keen on downloading such a large mod, even if it's just music files primarily) have no music at all... I'm just curious about how it works now. =p And it would be helpful to know for the future, in case anyone else asks.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the patch files would be suffciient, except that users would then hear a lot of dead air if the server doesnt have the tunes. patch file would go "hey play this" and it would go "but i dont HAVE that...so ill play nothin"

which is still better than the old days when you got a high pitched squeal instead

3. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Man, that sucks. I guess you'd really have to put the entire 500 mb on a server for it to work then.

Thanks for your time regarding this. I've learned a bit about Starbound's weird music mechanics it seems. =p

4. Bununur

Bununur Intergalactic Tourist

I want to download the mod but I'm not sure if i will like the music or not (i don't want to waste 500 mb )
    Is there a way to listen to some without downloading all of them?

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

A lot of the music tracks come from places like Kevin Macleod and other similar royalty-free sources.

You can go to the GitHub page ( https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/FrackinMusic ) and go into \Music\ and you can download any single file you want (they are only like 5MB each).

You can sample a few of them this way.

As someone who knows the tracks fairly well, some of them are just downright awesome and others are "OK". Can't really say I know of any that I don't like, I think he did a rather decent job with selection here.

Bununur likes this.
  6. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

hi sayter when i was in bone biomes i didnt hear any song for minutes but after that music started..
    my log
    http://pastebin.com/Tx7p53H2
    can u tell me how to fix it??

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

download the update from github

8. amirmiked12

i have the 2.1 version of frackin music that is the latest one.
    or u mean i should update the FU?

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i mean exactly what I said: download the github version of FrackinMusic for the latest update

10. amirmiked12

can u pay attention to this mod too?not just frackin universe....will u update this addon and add more musics?

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

already did. If you use the github version you can access it. Its a HUGE mod to update. Uploading it is an eternity at 2 gigs.

Github is much, much faster.

12. amirmiked12

oh ive gotta say i i wanna use github and with all those tutorial i cant get it done.
    ima download the github version

13. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

It'll be cool when this is updated for space stations.

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I really need to get a git version of this downloaded... lol. but I'm dreading the 180+ MB download.

15. Tixo John

Tixo John Void-Bound Voyager

I really love Machine track. Can i get any info on this track, like Author of track and where it was found?

16. Recon777

Recon777 Void-Bound Voyager

Installed this mod, but I don't think it's working. I installed it by unpacking into /mods/FrackinMusic-master. But I browsed through the ogg files, and I don't think I've heard any of those in game. I'm using the FU mod (installed in /mods/FrackinUniverse/)
    Is there any way to verify whether it's installed correctly?

17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

This will not change what you hear on already-generated worlds. You need to generate (travel to) new planets and even then it is random which tracks you hear.

18. Recon777

Recon777 Void-Bound Voyager

I had the music mod installed before even beginning a brand new server though. Does it matter that I'm connected to a multiplayer server which doesn't have the music mod locally? I've just got it on my end.

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yes.

The server creates the worlds, and then the music track list is in the planet's file. This means that the game will never call a track from Frackin'Music because none of those tracks are referenced in the planet's file on the server.

I don't know why music track lists are stored in the planet's file, but that's just how it is.

Just to re-iterate, Frackin'Music will not work in Multiplayer unless it is also on the server.

20. Ibrahym

Ibrahym Big Damn Hero

ammm after i install this mod and checked that its listed on starbound mod list
    I still can get any new music so pls what should i do ;(