1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. SrsBznz

SrsBznz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you look at the hylotl.raceeffects file in FrackinRaces\species you can see how the race is actually modified.
    Going by that, it appears that katana + dagger does indeed give +4 protection, 1% crit chance and 8% faster attacks (I think). If it doesn't do this in-game, it's likely a bug since it appears to conflict with sayter's intent, no?

On a slightly unrelated topic, it's really confusing that racial/armor bonuses to weapons appear to check the weapon type by some hidden value and not its weapon type description.
    For example the 'Energy Weapon' bonus, has multiple weapons in the armory specify that certain weapons count as energy weapons (despite being something like machine pistols). But then there are weapons which are plainly called 'Energy Weapons' as well.

This means that weapon type bonuses may be applied to weapons even if their tooltip type doesn't match up and a lot of unique weapons have weird names and the (officially recommended) Elithian Races Mod adds even more of those.
    The Elithian's Jumpcannon for example acts like a flamethrower but is it affected by flamethrower bonuses?
    Or the vanilla unique Ixodoom Claw, it simply calls it a 'Unique' weapon. But it's moveset is that of a 2H Hammer, so am I to assume its affected by such bonuses?

2. CadeyrnDragheim

CadeyrnDragheim Space Hobo

Well pretty sure they work based on tags so if there is a tag for a weapon that it's an energy weapon, then the bonus for it applies. Same with race armor and stuff. As you said, there's a lot of stuff in the game and there's bound to be a few mistakes here and there and that's fine i think. Hmm not thinking about it, i did use a primal dagger or something that was crafted at the start and it might have been a thing from elithian races that didn't have the tags properly set up...

EDIT: i also looked at the stats for hylotl in github - species - raceeffect and it seems fine. Just the damage bonus of 10% isn't in the in-game description or on the website, it's only on the website when you looks at stats (and works fine in-game). I actually think i'll try to play with it since the bonus will apply to any weapon which is rather nice.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  3. CadeyrnDragheim

CadeyrnDragheim Space Hobo

Might be mistaken, but actually perhaps the glitch need to be looked at. At least i don't see where is the part in the glitch.raceeffect where they lose 50% of damage and protection if electrified or that when your energy is low that you lose your physical resistance and protection. They seem to use up food when using weapons too. Also it seems you get 2% more crit chance for maces, axes, greataxes if you have more than 25% energy? I'd also like it if they could use swords too. Seems weird for medieval robots not to have bonuses for them. Anyway that's it sorry for bothering.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

7. Ashcan Pete

Ashcan Pete Space Hobo

So I already have Frackin Universe working great in my current universe. I don't use any other mods. Do I have to use a new save and/or universe to add this mod or can I just add it to the mods folder and get the race abilities? Sorry if this question has been asked before, I did try to search but didn't see an answer.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. loboBranco1245

loboBranco1245 Orbital Explorer

i fixed the problem with the Lyceen... God damm JSON syntax errors, i barely can see your moves!! i was making it o Notepad++ and i was getting crazy because i was nothing found the '}' or the ']' that was missing, I forgot to validate the code in a compiler.... D'OH!!!... Now it's fine. I want to Thank myself for my own assistance haha jokes aside goodbye!!!:nuruevil::nuruflirt:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. V30SH

V30SH Void-Bound Voyager

It's a great mod I like it but no one (npc and me) can't use firearms (only beamcanons working). In older versions too. Maybe other mods interfere? Or problem not in this? /I'm not good in english language if I mistake sorry/

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. swordsaint1983

swordsaint1983 Space Hobo

I have read the descriptions on the Frackin Races website. I am wanting a ranged character that is not Novakid. Any suggestions on another race? (only using the ones that come from Frackin Universe)

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time