Modding Discussion FrackinUniverse Help

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Lemon ice Teea, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Lemon ice Teea

Lemon ice Teea Space Hobo

I've heard it's a great mod but I can't seem to be able to download it. Issue being is that Starbound (I downloaded it through Steam) doesn't seem to have the files necessary for FU. More specifically, that "mods_go_here" thing. I've spent a while looking for any explanations and/or tutorials for downloading it, but I've come up with nothing. I use a Mac btw.
    I was hoping someone here could help me understand why I'm having such a hard time using this mod.

2. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

I think you're having more of a hangup with "installing" than with "downloading".

I'm far more familiar with Windows than Unix, and Unix than Mac, so keep in mind that there are two degrees of separation between our operating systems... but in whichever folder your Starbound game is installed (/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound), there is a "/mods" folder. This is based on what little I was able to find about Steam install paths on Macs via Google, anyway.

All .pak and loose folder mods go there. Directly inside that location is a blank file called "mods_go_here", which should tell you if you've found it correctly.

"Downloading" FU is as simple as downloading the mod from the Steam Workshop or Github. "Installing" it is automatic if done from the Workshop, but requires moving the folder from the .zip file into the /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods directory if you downloaded the Github version instead.