1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

Not sure how to feel about the death threat/praise.

The idea I was going for was that the plant's whole point is to make genestuff for lab use. Such a plant would likely be rather sickly as it won't be intended to live outside a lab. It would likely need stuff like fertilizers and pesticides just to live. I guess I got a bit into the fact that I found some humour in being a mad scientist who made lifeforms that were a sin againist nature (the whole misformed being cryng "kill me!" like in some cartoon). Also it doesn't help that I have a hard time getting my ideas down on paper or in text.

Sadly I can't really help with the coding side of things. My knowlegde of coding is limited to knowing that some of it is humanreadable and can be edited in word programs. Beyond that I have no clue how the sausages are made. This fact makes me rather sad since I always wish I could help repay all the great modders who have created such wonderful mods.

sayter likes this.
  2. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

I buy my diamonds at the ore merchant in the outpost. With the furniture recycler mod I have, I have many pixels to spare.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You arent a typical user though. Right now, you could get about 100 trillion diamonds with the new stations with essentially no effort at all. That's the issue, and it will be addressed tonight on GitHub.

4. Kingcakes

Kingcakes Orbital Explorer

I have to say this is the best mod so far I ever played, but the only issue I got is when I died in any of the new planets my game just close, and that's the only thing. anyway this mod is a 11/10

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sounds like you have an issue that isn't the mod itself. I die all the time and don't crash.

If you could post an error log after you crash, I can take a peek for you.

6. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

If you know what you are doing there are ways in FU to get tons of money with littel effort. Some of the Bees! items can be sold for a good amount of money and they take no enough to make, just time for the bees to do their thing.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

big push comin through!!!!

Live on Github

Stations

------------

- thermal generator no longer takes Solarium as a fuel source (since it is not a fission-based reactor)

- recolored most of the Science mod stations to better match the FU stations and tiles

- all vanilla Bugs extract for resources

- all bee Honeycombs now extract for resources

- Extractors can now convert toxic waste into uranium ore (10:1 basic, 5:1 quantum)

- fixed a few issues with the arc smelter. It no longer creates insane amounts of diamond from Carbon, and some PGIs have been corrected

- Atmosphere Condenser now unlocks from both Battery2, and the Thermal Generator.

- obsidian should (finally) extract properly. I kept forgetting about it!

- Extraction Lab now extracts at 0.95 second intervals rather than 1.12. It’s a slight adjustment but you’ll likely notice the difference.

- new solar panel art (minor changes to make it suit the FU lab gear better)

- new station: Solar Array : This is a bigger, more proficient version of the small solar panel

- new station: Ansible Network : Provides ability to purchase goods from your base. (no selling though, nor will this be added). To use, wire it up to power. Then, with wiring tool and paint tool [one for forward, one for back ] change “channels” to the shop you want. Then swap to your hands to use the station itself. The station is still pretty bare with its offerings. This will change.

-new station: Quantum Generator : Biggest and best of the generators. The art is temporary (very), as the final will be substantially larger and more interesting (and difficult to craft).

- new station: Centrifuge : (old “autoclave” has been removed and replaced with this). You can set liquids into it and get goods back. The values will need to be fiddled with a bit until they are proper, so bear with me. It doesn't seem bad right now by any means, but requires testing. Also, you'll want to place it on a table for ease of use.

Unlock it with a Coil

Biomes

------------

- sulphuric biome weather does a bit more damage. It wasn’t quite dangerous enough.

- added Contaminated Water to Bog and Wasteland biomes. It acts exactly as Poison does.

- added regular water to Bog biomes

Dungeons

---------------

- FU wreck dungeon lockers now contain basic loot

- loot changes on several other dungeons (swapped from basic treasure to FU basic treasure)

Gear

---------------

- new look for Vashta Gun

- substantially weakened the absolutely LUDICROUSLY overpowered Swarm guns. They now act balanced rather than one-hitting the Shoggoth! Go by their Damage Per Shot more than their DPS, as they are a special-case weapon.

- moved XT-3 Laser Cannon unlock to Eridian Ore

Quests

------------

- some stupid-assed issue is making the steampunk helm blueprint appear as a PGI in the cinnabar quest reward. So, I swapped it to the helm itself (and the helm now teaches the recipe)

Monsters

---------------

Resources

-----------------

- added Contaminated Water

- most (not all) liquids can now be crafted using Contaminated Water and additional materials.

- Methanol now unlocks Methyl Iodide. This should make it a bit easier to work out, as the only other unlocks were pesticide (which needs it in the first place in order to craft) and Fertilizer 2.

- added Enriched Uranium, Enriched Plutonium and Ultronium. These can only be obtained via the Centrifuge and are useful as fuel for various powered stations or your ship. Later on they will only be obtained by higher-tier centrifuges (which will be soon, now that the first one is working and animated)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  8. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

So many nice addtions, too bad I used pretty much all of my gaming time on another game today (a free VN on Steam called Everlasting Summer. I must say I really enjoyed reading it and would say its worth a check out due to it being free. Also it's from Russia and not Japan which is odd).

Contaminated Water seems like a good idea, but it feels like it over laps with posion too much. Of course water contaminated radioactive fallout, or runoff, would be a neat idea. It would look largely like normal water until you take a dip without shielded armour.

Speaking of posions and radioactive damage, it feels like both effects are too short lived. They do thier damage over a short period of time and then everything is fine. It would be nicer if their effects last much longer (of course then might need to do less damage at each tick to stop the weaker poisons from being op) so you had to do more then bring lots of healing items. Secondary effect might also be good to add as it would allow certain poisons sources to stand out from each other. Black slime for example might numb your limbs and make it harder to move after you touch it. Poison (the lquid itself) might give a longer lasting debuff beside damage, such as a max health debuff. Radation could have a very long effect with low tick damage (in real life it's very easy to take a letal dosage and still keep going as normal for a while. Only much later would you die. I think I heard of people being like walking ghosts since it was clear they were going to die but they could still largely function). There would be few ways to get rid of it in the field (some sort of decon shower could be added) so players would have to be careful around highly radioactive sites if they lack full shielding. Just some ideas.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yea, it's only initial phase for that. I wanted it to look different for the time being simple so I can tell it apart when I go to the biomes it is used in (i wasnt going to have it be a working liquid at all, but figured why the hell not). It's effect will also change when I have figured out what to do with it :)

Yes and no to this one. I am pleased enough with many of their durations. Some could use a tweak , though. Most are very close to their vanilla counterparts in duration, however. That seems the best "balance" to start from.

I 100% agree wtih varied poison effects and have intended to do that for a while. But, priorities take precedence. There is not much fun to be had in super-long gradual kill effects so I am not sure I will do that with radiation. We're in the age of short attention spans and whatnot. And if you log out with an effect on , when you log back in it will still be affecting you. This could throw some people for a loop, to say the least. But if I did opt for it, either way, they would have a built in way to deal with radiation poisoning: use the provided plants or armor that serve that function. SB does not distinguish on how the effect gets cancelled. Either an item turns off the effect, or it doesn't. 1 or 0, as it were.

10. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Will Contaminated Water have its own uses? Or function as regular water for recipes maybe since you can just imagine purification before use...[DOUBLEPOST=1446697642][/DOUBLEPOST]As for "contamination" effects, I think that such water might harbor very vile microbes/diseases... more long term negative status effects such as slow, weak jump, lowered max hp, etc...

11. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

There's a display issue with many of the "rise of hylotl" armors, which keeps their stats from showing in the crafting window; reason being that they're using "inspectionKind" rather than "tooltipKind". This goes for the Cellular, Hytalis/Ultra-Mesh, Kinumo/Sirens and Missionary armor pieces.

+ isn_radiostation.object ought to have 'beakseedseed' rather than beakseed under the seeds vendor (beakseed being produce rather than farmable)[DOUBLEPOST=1446713760][/DOUBLEPOST]+ Centrifuge currently doesn't process input blood, as object file refers to bloodliquid instead of liquidblood.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

danka. I could have sworn I'd changed the tooltip to the correct thing. Guess I forgot!

edit: fixes pushed. Thanks again.

Live on Github

Liquid effects have been altered. The range of effects is not simply damage anymore. They play out in a much more interesting way now, giving a lot more reason to have resistance granting plants and items:

Bio-ooze: damage is reduced but it now also reduces total maximum health by 20%.

Black Tar: changed walk and run speed by 57% instead of 55%. Jumping penalty reduced

Contaminated Water: Inflicts light poison damage, and reduces max energy by 15%

Red Honey: Movement penalties substantially increased, particularly running speed

Mercury: inflicts a 50% reduction in MaxHealth for 2 minutes. damage removed.

Molten Metal: Duration increased to 7 seconds and damage reduced.

Liquid Nitrogen: Has added slippery annoyance, in addition to its normal effect. Duration 10 secs

Organic Soup: Overhauled. It now gives a 5 second increase of 25% to your max health.

also, some tiny fixes (thanks chean , for pointing them out)

13. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

You know now that I think about it long term radiation posioning would be very easy to get around once you could craft the right armours. Wouldn't just equiping them remove the effect? Before then I was think some kind of decon station that the player can enter like a bed. It would have little to no hp recover, but would remove most debuffs. The med bay thing already in FU would also have the same effect I guess. Might be a neat thing to add that effect to the med bay anyways to show how good its systems really are compared to a normal bed.

One of the areas where I felt this would be useful is with the nuclear reactors players would have at their base. It would be more of a downside then a tiny bit of burst damage. Of course I understand why yyou might disagree.

The issue with length of effect is also an issue I have with the base game, which if I recall right, you said you weren't going to change, only make addtions. I was more expressing how I disliked the way the whole system was setup. I always prefered poison systems like the one in D&D where its effects could be quite varied (mostly stat damage, but damage to each stat tended to have differnet effects which varied from mirroring drunkenness to being brain dead).[DOUBLEPOST=1446732457][/DOUBLEPOST]After doing some checking there seems to be no way to unlock the alt Blister armour set. THere seems to be no item that unlocks the blueprints.

14. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

Another little thing with the arc smelter: meteoriterock and moonrock give PGI's, as they have liquidhelium3gas rather than helium3gasliquid in their bonus output listings.

Also, seeing a bunch of logged errors related to bio-ooze: "Error: Exception while calling script init: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/stats/effects/fu_tileeffects/biooozepoison/b..."]:3: (StatusException) No such resource 'energy' in StatSet". Haven't had a chance to look into it properly, but must be caused by one of the recent liquid changes, as it's been a long while since I last saw this particular error type.

sayter likes this.
  15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

more nice catches. You rock, my friend. Though bioooze wasnt doing that last night when i tested it. ill have a look.

edit: ah , missed on entry for "energy" into "health". Easy-peasy.

edit 2: and I just got laid off from work. That gives me a bit of time to do nothing but the mod lol. Not too long, though. Gotta find a new job. I think I'll start in Game Design if I can find something.

16. SingABrightSong

SingABrightSong Pangalactic Porcupine

Apply to Chucklefish? ;D[DOUBLEPOST=1446746153][/DOUBLEPOST]Seriously, though, I wish you well on your search. You shouldn't need me to tell you that FU should be an impressive example of your ability.

sayter likes this.
  17. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

Error log after a crash when dying on a Proto world.

Attached Files:

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

odd, but looks like a game bug. no source listed, and the world itself appears to be the issue. no idea whats up with that.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You're correct. Wonder how that got all messed up! I'll fix that up.

20. novkit

novkit Void-Bound Voyager

I'm using Avali Aeroponics tubes since they are waaaaay easier to make (coal = win!) But I might check out the FU version. Do they auto-harvest too?