1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Riolu970

Riolu970 Space Spelunker

So I tried installing the mod, but it doesn't seem to work at all. Not Starbound, but rather the files themselves. I can't even open them up. I can't unzip them either. It's like the pathfinder crashes. Anyone knows what's going on?

2. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

If that's the case I'll just skip it on newer characters. And I'm aware of the grindyness, it was more I was simply being bothered by what I felt was an early game grind(by early game, tiers 1-2). After that when I can explore thats all I really care about. I'm well aware of how many resources you need to gather for a lot of things. I rarely even ever do the missions since it's more I play starbound for the exploration.

3. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you want some advice, go on to the steam workshop and pick up the phase shift module (get the most current version). Basically, it makes you intangible. Energy depletes rapidly when holding a gun, but when using the matter manipulator you can stay intangible permanently and phase through non shielded block and enemies. It makes gathering all those resources much easier. Also get yourself the mod that makes the strange seas random again. And if needs be, you can always use admin commands to spawn in stuff you really need.

4. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

I usually rush the mining laser and upgrade it a few levels early one, that helps a bit with the grind.
    And as far as I remember, I have always done the mission AFTER I get my ship moving. She usually gives me the part I need to make the small FTL drive before I get that mission to save the Miners.

Edit: After playing thru with an Arachne, they work fine, you do not have to do the mission at the mining facility to get your drive operational.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  5. MiamotoRei

MiamotoRei Starship Captain

Thanks!

6. sciencecarew

sciencecarew Big Damn Hero

I have been referred here from general starbound support.

I recently reinstalled starbound and my mods after coming back from a long break. After going through the basic missions and completing the Erchius Mining Facility Mission, the Terramart and Teleshop still have not opened. I also had to force complete the scanning quest for the Outpost.

Issue: The Terramart and Teleshop still have not opened. I also had to force complete the scanning quest for the Outpost.

System Specs and Game Settings :
    • Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz
    • RAM: 16.00 GB DDR3 RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    • Game settings: 64 Bit, 2550 x 1440, Borderless-Fullscreen
    Mods :
    • Frackin Universe
    • Frackin Races
    • Frackin Interface
    • FU BYOS Patch
    • FU S.A.I.L Modded Race Support
    • Xbawks Character Extender
    • Elithian Races
    • Enhanced Storage
    • Project Knightfall
    • Instant Crafting
    • EE for Starbound
    Troubleshooting Attempts: Tried re-doing the Erchius Mining Facility Mission and restarting the game.

I attached my log file.

Attached Files:

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. sciencecarew

sciencecarew Big Damn Hero

If you had read the rest of my reply, I've stated that I have re-run the mining facility mission multiple times and nothing has changed...

9. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Xbawks is no longer needed, beyond that, remove things one at a time to test, you might have an old mod that is incompatible with FU. Oh, and you might want to pastebin that log file.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. MiamotoRei

Waah... updates are so frequent..that I can't catch up..

Btw, how about it putting on torrent? Download speed should be better.
    (Or you tried already/or it's a bad idea?)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2020
  12. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

He posts updates to Github, here, and Steam. I think that's the order they are updated in also. Github and here can be updated when you want, so if you are playing solo and it's not causing you to crash, you don't have to update til you want to. Steam pretty much auto updates.

13. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

What has been the most major changes since now and 5 months ago?
    I know I can just go through the update history but if a kind soul could give a brief summary I'd appreciate it.

Are biome domes on stations a thing? They could be just about the most expensive upgrade, requiring blocks for the relevant biomes, terraformers as well probably, power for solar and wind simulation, not to mention other sorts of weather. They'd be great for a station-based bee farm. They could also spawn creatures if that is possible. Just no worms, I know stations are basically protected but they might cause unnessesary chaos.

Also I don't know if you're ever going to do such a thing, but for realism the health bar could be used to determine how much blood you have left in your body, bleedout leading to loss of consciousness(fade to black, loss of vision) and eventually death, and various conditions like organ failure and infection could make the character less effective in the long run unless they apply appropriate medical practices(things like heart failure could basically instantly kill you, unless emergency services exist). Armor and shields would be absolutely essential to stop you from getting cut or bruised and begin bleeding, where physical trauma will then be your bodily adversary. Salves and antibiotics can be used for infections. Bandages to stop bleeding faster. Have the medical bay bed actually be used for recovery. Broken bones, dehydration, loss of limb, cybernetics, mental trauma, all kind of juicy things to simulate and make starbound even more realistic.

Of course, some species have different biologies, so some things will affect some more than others. Florans won't be stuck with a lost arm for very long, organ failure is probably not so serious either. Hylotl probably don't get hypothermia. Novakids don't have organs, but magnetic anomolies and membrane breaches still affect them, so they'll need magnetic readjustment and gas transplants for quicker recovery. Come to think of it, blood transplants can help to quickly recover lost blood. Make sure it's of the right species blood type though, otherwise you'll run into some serious issues.

Basically, make the player think for a second before charging into battle, because recovering from damage will take much longer than most people think. Sure you could still move around if you're a little bruised, but I don't think you're going to be going anywhere with broken arms and legs.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2020
  14. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Sadly, for Realism, you'd have to play Hardcore mode.

Extra healing issues would just bog down playing the game. For all that, check out SCUM.

15. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Just completed the erchius mission with a monk-robed floran and a stone spear, shield and machine pistols and space suit armor picked up throughout the run. It was hard but doable. That last shaft section with all the purple floaty dudes made me glitch somehow and I became an immortal with no energy, before going on I waited for hunger to go down and starve, dying fixed the glitch and then I did the boss. All in all I'd say it's a 8/10 improvement.

2 things:
    Eye of erchius is still tier 2 despite the mission being tier 3.

The boss itself is pretty negligible if you have a shield. I don't know if there's going to be any changes to it but if there are then I suggest either environmental traps that slow/damage you or miniature perma lasering crystals

16. MiamotoRei

I can't get rid of insanity debuff, cuz I always getting it back whenever I get on my ship. Is it should be like that? It began when I was fighting Ruin with my friend.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

18. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Does FU have some sort of seasonal enemies thing? Three times now have the monsters on my home world completely changed. Uniques still spawn like they're supposed to in their areas but the RNG types change.

19. Megsoiluj

Megsoiluj Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yisus christ, I think this mod already exceeds the content of the original game.
    Does the author have plans to finish at one point? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious and pleasantly impressed.

Good job Sayter!!!

20. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Something about the 405 update is messing with the npc spawn of colony deeds. Rolled back to the 404 and colony deeds work again.