1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. whydoineedtosignup

whydoineedtosignup Void-Bound Voyager

The alt fire of this beam rifle killed my game completely. Not entirely sure what it does, but my guess is perhaps it fires the "beam" but with each one having the explosive effect. I shot it in the air and i was down to 1 frame every few seconds, took forever to get back onto my ship.

update: its the beam rifle itself. DO NOT SHOOT IT IN THE AIR or you will get 1 frame every 5 seconds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  2. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

With the sort of tech at our disposal, and AI chips, I'm surprised we don't yet have the ability to make android NPCs and put them to work with some rudimentory tasks like farming, tending to livestock, sorting containers, guard duty, etc. Heck why not just give them some extra mobility and processing power and build our own crew?

3. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

You realize you can use a mod for the Gardenbots. works fine with all the stuff from FU. Has Garden bots, lumber bots, mining bots, guardian bots(which handle livestock).

4. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Cool. Thought that only covered gardening.

Say, is it possible for the relocator to be kajiggered to work on NPCs or is there something that doesn't allow that sort of act?

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. whydoineedtosignup

Bug: for a few updates now Sail keeps bugging me about planets with no air even though i am wearing an outfit that gives me unlimited air. Not game breaking, but annoying to see that message pop up when i know i'm safe.

7. Chicken George

Chicken George Space Hobo

Excuse me, are you interested in adding the setting of cremation corpses?

8. Brightframe

Brightframe Big Damn Hero

I can confirm the massive lag when firing at the open sky with randomly generated beam rifles/guns, but it also starts lagging , if the nearest surface is about half the distance between the two towers of a glitch fortress dungeon, before the beam "projectile" hits it and things return to normal.

The modified initial mech mission from Dr. Akagi where you are made to pick up 400 units of unrefined fuel from canisters at the beginning has gravity in the section of the first two targets, making sure, that your mech cannot get past the obstacle and you cannot end the mission by normal means.

9. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

you have to double tap up to engage the jump jets.

10. whydoineedtosignup

I noticed that you can now craft some or all of the mech components (such as Salvaged Proton Limiters) but the crafting requirements to make them seem highly excessive considering you can find shops that sell them for pixels eventually. I found a space station that was selling the Nano Receptacles for example.

Just my feedback and suggestion, but perhaps the highest tier resources to craft such things should go no higher than durasteel level (such as maybe one advanced circuit, some copper wire, and uranium rod for a proton limiter?), just so you have a reason to spend resources to make them.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

https://pastebin.com/mHBZmB2k

When I try to go to the starting cave it automatically unloads and sends me back to the starting planet. In other words, I'm stuck on the first world. I uninstalled a mod I recently installed to try and continue but the other mods I signed up for I signed up for them months ago.

13. KnightLite

KnightLite Void-Bound Voyager

I'm getting the exact same thing after a clean install of Starbound 1.4.4 and Frackin Universe today.

14. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Might have to nuke that planet.
    But one problem with removing mods after starting a game, is that can cause many issues, depending on the mod.

15. KnightLite

KnightLite Void-Bound Voyager

Brand new character just did the same thing. As soon as I use the Dark Cavern Teleport, it shows the teleport animation for a few seconds then returns me to the entrance as if I had not clicked it. Going to try removing Everything besides Frackin Universe and Frackin Music.

16. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Sometimes, removing then adding them back one at a time helps solve it. Also, check the last update for some mods, and what particular files they modify if you can. Sometimes someone tweaks something that FU touches and it buggers everything up.

17. mrmusiclistener

mrmusiclistener Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, when i choose the X'i race and try to open the 'X'ian Seed Bulb' after it's grown the game always crashes.

[Error] WorldServerThread exception caught handling incoming packets for client 1: (TreasureException) Unknown treasure pool 'xiHarvest'

The problem seems to be that the game is missing something, or can't find 'xiHarvest'. I reinstalled Starbound completly and removed every folder. And have only Frackin Universe and Enhanced Strorage mods installed. I also tried it with Frackin Universe only. Still the game craches. Maybe it's a Steam problem or this treasure only works after some missions. But i don't want to play for days only to find out i can't play it. I also choosed the Default Ship.

Attached Files:

18. Aussieguy80

Aussieguy80 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, my game crashes a short while after the Chucklefish logo

I was originally using a few mods (Avikan, BYOS, Frackin' Races), but after updating to the latest version, the game crashes no matter what if I have Frackin' Universe installed, even with a fresh Starbound and Frackin' Universe install. I've made sure Discord overlay is disabled.

Attached Files:

19. Kappagoof

Kappagoof Master Chief

so I donwloaded this mod a couple days ago
    it's still unpacking

Edit: I'm obviously kidding, but damn it's huge
    Edit 2: uninstalled because it takes too long to even open the game and some of the stuff is not family friendly, like madness

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    Sock_Bunny likes this.
  20. whydoineedtosignup

BUG: Sail warns me about not having oxygen still when exiting a mech even if i have an outfit that gives me unlimited air. It's a tad bit annoying as it covers a large portion of my reduced size game window. Minor bug.