1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Reis-Fox

Reis-Fox Space Spelunker

Thank you very much I will check what mod could do that damage

2. RKOMOFO

RKOMOFO Void-Bound Voyager

Wanted to play Starbound again after a long time, so here I am. Got all my mods ready to go, checked all their dependencies, all the fun stuff. Long story short, I discovered that Frackin' Universe causes the game to crash at start up. Checked this by having just FU enabled, FU enabled with dependencies, and FU disabled while other mods are enabled that don't need FU. Everything that had FU disabled worked just fine (only mods that didn't require FU of course)
    Log File:
    https://pastebin.com/5AYEHJHp

The log has errors that center on a mod called Pandora's Box.

Looks like the farmables in these files are the cause. I'm not too familiar with troubleshooting mods by changing file info myself, so I don't really know if there's anything I can do to fix this.

3. Renjmon

Renjmon Big Damn Hero

After a lot of digging in mod files, I just give up.
    The new version of FU does not want to work with mods for the Avali race in any way.
    Partial or complete shutdowns gave the same result in the form of a huge message with multiple errors. So I'll just drop my log here. I still don't understand anything about it.

Attached Files:

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You MUST remove FrackinRaces. it is now built in. Additionally , make sure you are using the newest build. Your log says you are not.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

That's because you have outdated crap installed.

first, if using Avali it MUST be avali triage. Any others are outdated.
    Second, if using them you MUST have the addon from steam, or you will have dependency issues, as Avali Triage loads after FU, and FU now loads after Avali...resulting in your issue. The addon/patch corrects this problem. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2052758462&searchtext=avali+fu

6. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Hiya Sayter I tried to play you're mod V5.6.426 but keep getting a crash, There is no other mods loaded, I can add the dump log if it would help. I just to a fast look, had a few dups but I this what made it crash was a monster or something. But like I said I just took a fast look I'll just go an post the log lol

My bad I did not know there was a new updated file. V5.6.4271 loaded up great, have a beer on me brah :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Sorry to bug ya Sayter, Do you recall the older .modpak format? I'm looking for the program that unpackeds/packs it trying to get okea pixle store working. would you happen to know a place to look for the unpacker/packer. I tryed to unpacked it but it don't seem to work. I could you some help when you get a spare sec thx brah. I fig if anyone knows it would be you as you was around modding back in 2014 if I recall right and what not.

9. Doodlinka

Doodlinka Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

10. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Frackin' Races was rolled into Frackin' Universe a while ago.

11. Doodlinka

Doodlinka Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2020
  12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

They do get their bonuses. You just need to turn them on. Avali require a patch to work properly (if you are using Avali Triage, which you should be if you want a stable experience).

Go to your SAIL and turn on the racial abilities in the MISC tab. They are almost always on by default. Some races will not, however, properly display their stats on the creation screen, without those races updating or a separate patch being added. Nothing I can do about this.

As for BYOS addon not supporting angels: correct. The author never asked us to include them, so they are not there. Further: I do not handle that addon. Another user does. You would have to contact them to ask them to include it. You'd have to specify which Angel race, since there have been about 45 in starbounds lifespan. Most haven't been updated in years and are therefore outdated.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. Liliathe

Liliathe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I started using FU from 5.6.4271 and I'm curious about one thing:
    whenever Durastell ,Titanium ,volium etc is added to my inventory (via crafting or simply by taking it from storage objects) ,I have lag- from 3 to even 7 seconds. After that if I add again the same item then everything is normal for a while.
    This is normal or I'm just overreacting?

Attached Files:

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Starbound is unoptimized, and this is one of the quirks. This happens for some users, and the actual ore that causes it for them is totally random. Generally speaking, its because of unlocks tied to the ores/bars. Starbound tries to load them all *every time* you pick up the item type, even if you have previously unlocked everything on its list.

We're working on something right now that should completely eliminate it by virtue of simply *removing all of the unlocks* and moving progression into Research Trees.

Limbom likes this.
  16. Liliathe

Liliathe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i knew that Starbound is badly optimized but I would never thougt how much. Thanks for the answer.

17. telnaga

telnaga Void-Bound Voyager

I got a seed from the hopping cotton monsters (cottontops?) and grew it in my farm. I was expecting to be able to slaughter it for more resources after it grew, but unlike every other enemy-or-livestock-you-can-"hatch" I can't injure it at all. It is not able to be harmed. Also, it started hopping around my livestock and injuring my mooshi whenever it touched it. It kills other livestock and can't be shot/stabbed.

I did manage to eventually kill it with a bomb, but now my garden has a hole in it

18. whydoineedtosignup

whydoineedtosignup Void-Bound Voyager

Just putting up my two cents on the combat and health changes and why i feel it's much too harsh for this mod in particular, as enemies in the same "tier" as you are capable of dealing 30-50% of my health with some attacks, and due to the healing nerf this means in some cases even if you have great healing it won't matter because you can't heal while the cooldown is up, meaning your basically dead no matter what you do. I'm not saying i disagree with having cooldowns per say, but i feel it shouldn't be a near universal thing. (you can currently eat honeycombs to heal even while having a normal heal cooldown).

For example because salve is a minor heal, slow, and is the earliest form of healing i feel it shouldn't have any cooldown penalty at all ie, once the heal ends you can use another. Bandages are much faster heals but because of this should have a slight cooldown of 5 seconds or so. In early game this means a quick heal but a short cooldown penalty with bandages, or a slower heal with a salve without a penalty. And as the healing strength increases with better heals so should the cooldown, but never preventing stacking IMO, so a nano wave will heal a lot of health fast, but have a 10 second cooldown to counter this.

Basically this will give some use to early game healing solutions even near endgame, offering less health but you can use them a bit more, giving them more uses and functionality but still giving better healing options that huge boost if you need it. I've played this mod quite a bit over the years and i never felt it was "too" easy, at least easy enough to deserve such a massive nerf, especially considering melee weapons have energy costs on combos now too. Because enemies can leap at you, set you on fire for massive damage that you can't block once it happens, and rush you without any real tactics this combines with the heal penalties to make it so you also can't dish out enough damage to push enemies back.

perhaps i am alone in this fact and of course it's the mod teams choice to make it however they wish, i just felt the difficulty spike up quite considerably because of this and i find myself resorting to cheese tactics just to fight enemies only one or two tiers above mine. ( like going in a box and using explosive weapons to damage them through walls)

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the whole point was to change the healing economy and encourage more careful planning and less "smash buttons till shit dies while spamming bandages". This has had the desired effect, and smart use of healing items, regeneration, buffs and set bonuses can completely change how the game plays.

Next update will make the reasons for this much more apparent.

Further, you are fighting enemies of higher tier: of course they are more difficult. That's the point. If you are fighting tier 5 enemies with tier 3 gear you need tier 5 gear, not more healing spam.

20. Kribris

Kribris Void-Bound Voyager

I think it is not real difficult to fight enemies bigger than you, if you tier is 2 and teir tier is 3 or 4, it is not that hard to kill them, especially if you bow tier 1 with damage tier 5-6 (T1 bow with 32.5 damage)(like mele weapon have on tier 5-6, or higher)

That turning me to bow damage, and their tier.
    Why it's that big random for bow damage?
    As I say I can find bow T1 with that big damge ( IF I being lucky, and spawn generation )

Addition to previous post:
    Especially if I be REcopmleting quest dungeon, from start planet.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2020