1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Chances are, you are trying to use them in the same way they work in vanilla. They do not work this way in FU. Consult the weapon book in your shiplocker for more information. Otherwise, nobody has reported a similar issue since we adjusted fist weapons so I have no way to test what you are reporting.

2. Stelarwand033

Stelarwand033 Space Hobo

I am wondering if there is a way to extend the range on background doors? I have the Polaris ship mod and it takes a few to get across the ship. I would like to put a door on either end of the ship but the range is too great. Is there a way with gates or something?

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Not really. Wiring range is limited. However, you can connect power nodes via wiring...so simply place one or two to act like extenders to the range of a wire. Connect door to node, then node to door. Or door----node----node-----node----node----door, etc

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

7. Apophenist

Apophenist Void-Bound Voyager

New resource on eden planets spawns on surface or underground? Or everywhere?

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Close to the surface , primarily.

9. Apophenist

Hey, i have bug with fist weapon, after first attack i cannot chose direction for alt attack. In mods i have only Frackin Universe (when tried to fix bug, unsubscribed every mod, reinstalled starbound and subscribed FU). Dropped wideo with bug here:

log:
    https://paste.shockbyte.com/ivubiqoyiwurugavitop.makefile

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Not really a bug. This is how they operate, due to the combo etc when being weilded one-handed. Equip two and you'll have a very different experience.

11. Apophenist

The thing is that before some FU update (don't remember what exactly) i could rotate my arm after attack, and now i can chose direction only for basic attacks, for alt attack direction will always be same as last basic attack, regardless of the position of the cursor, as for me it is very strange, was it changed on purpose?

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yes. Fists are completely different in FU.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

pastebin.com/raw/5va0rqtn

Not sure if its even possible to see whats causing my game to freeze outright, I'd been trying to solve everything on my end.

I even put VSync on to lower the temps in case overheat was the case. I was able to play 4 hours last night, but somehow the game hard-freezes my laptop, then I have to hold power button and hope to god it actually turns my machine off, sometimes it refuses to turn off for a short time when this happens.

This time, crash happened on an Aether. Last time it was on a Eden world it kept crashing frequently. I had no trouble with a atropus world of all places(moved base since halloween + eden kept crashing me).

17. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

There is nothing in that log that would imply a crash, but I will tell you to replace the FU Research Cost Tweaks mod you are currently using with this one by Excavice; it actually properly patches the trees instead of outright replacing them with a seriously outdated copy.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2874505487
    The other one you have replaces the madnessdata.lua script, and although the core FU script hasn't been changed since then, any needed updates in the future will result in issues.

18. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

Yeah I did remove that one already, it wasn't the mod though causing my freezes, it was windows 11 itself, an update was causing freezes for EVERY game in existence over time.

Windows 11 is horrible, dun use it.

Next universe i'll be replacing the old research mods with the one you mentioned. Thanks :). (I didn't want to eliminate research entirely but more and more I find it does little but keep me from ever enjoying anything higher than tier 4 with the way my life is, compared to before its introduction when I could enjoy everything in the mod. I wanted a balance but, seems better to just cheese it anymore)

19. Sinte Monterne

Sinte Monterne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's me again! It turns out that the problem with the departure on the "Infiltration" mission was hidden in the hidden conflict of the Frackin Universe mod with the Maple32 mod and the original soundtrack to the mission itself. By removing the Maple 32 mod and replacing the soundtrack, everything worked and I even explored the entire map without a single departure. Please fix the conflict with Maple 32 and put a soundtrack more suitable for the location than the original one (a little more cheerful than Desperation, but not too much like Dark Studio??).

20. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Did you try the maple 32 FU patch first? Does seem like that mod would be fairly conflicting with the dungeon changes.