1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Freeze framing and I just landed in the first planet, no mods.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by TheArcuzHunter, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Void-Bound Voyager

I've been trying to play Starbound on a decent computer (not for gaming, but it runs low end 3D games perfectly), yet I cant get to play Starbound like I used to. On my laptop (which is literally worse than a potato, specifications wise) the game runs just fine! Not as slideshow-ish as the decent computer which is better than the laptop, even though I've tried these methods to fix the lag:
    1. Run as administrator, no changes.
    2. ctrl+alt+delete (ctrl+shift+esc) to open the task manager, all the cores were already enabled, tried disabling some, leaving others on and viceversa (the computer has 4 total) and I noticed that when running in 2 cores it is barely manageable, but the audio is terrible (all stuttery) and it still happens to be a "slideshow".
    3. Disabled Vsync in the starbound.config, game runs smoothly, but it still freezes like a "slideshow" every single minute for about 10 seconds.
    4. I tried looking for the "sbboot.cfg" file to change the "loadThreads" to 4 and the file wasnt there (looked through Starbound\win32 and Starbound\win64, the main starbound directory, and didnt find that file anywhere), here's the link to that post: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/lag-and-slow-gameplay.104647/page-2
    5. tried changing the compatibility settings for the starbound.exe for both win64 and win32 in all ways, no changes.
    6. Tried changing the priority of the game's process, no changes.
    RECENT fix method I tried: 7: Tried renaming "starbound.exe” in the game’s folder with “starbound_opengl.exe”, no changes.

PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP. If you can share your sbboot.cfg file it would be much appreciated, thank you everyone.
    P.d: Im playing this non-steam.
    IF somebody noticed, I posted this on the discussion section too.

Here are the specs of the computer that Im trying to remove the "slideshow" lag from.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2018
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.